Forum Archive - translated Page title not changing

translated Page title not changing
Mar 31, 2012 10:10 am by verzosa
After editing the page title, the English language title is still showing and not the translated version. Iæm using SH404SEF to manage my meta. Gtranslate Pro Joomla 2.5.3 Thanks in advance
Re: translated Page title not changing
Mar 31, 2012 6:05 pm by Yana
Hi, Could you please post your website address here so I can check it?
Apr 2, 2012 5:37 am by verzosa
https://mydomain.com/ <-- removed link
Apr 3, 2012 12:17 am by verzosa
I need assistance on this one asap, as it's already live. I didn't notice the issue before we went live. Thanks
Apr 3, 2012 3:31 am by verzosa
Solved it myself. In SH404SEF go toØ Configuration -> SEO Configuration, and set "Activate SEO management" to "No".
Apr 3, 2012 1:55 pm by Yana
HI, Good to hear that :)
Apr 3, 2012 4:29 pm by miamiman
Yana, I've been having ongoing problems with partial translations that I haven't been able to solve completely. In your FAQ, you write that there are NO conflicts with SH404SEF. Yet, above you imply that we should set "Activate SEO management" to No in SH404SEF? Would you please advise if, in fact, there is some kind of conflict between Gtranslate Pro and SH404SEF? Thank you,
Apr 3, 2012 8:04 pm by Yana
Hi, Please try to add the following lines in shsef.php after defined( '_JEXEC' ) or die( 'Restricted access' ); line. // fix for gtranslate $uri =& JURI::getInstance(); $router =& $mainframe->getRouter(); plgSystemGTranslate::parseGTranslate($router, $uri); // sh404sef fix $session = & JFactory::getSession(); $lang = $session->get('glang'); $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] = str_replace('/'.$lang.'/', '/', $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']);
Apr 3, 2012 9:35 pm by verzosa
Yana, I've been having ongoing problems with partial translations that I haven't been able to solve completely. In your FAQ, you write that there are NO conflicts with SH404SEF. Yet, above you imply that we should set "Activate SEO management" to No in SH404SEF? Would you please advise if, in fact, there is some kind of conflict between Gtranslate Pro and SH404SEF? Thank you, For me this is just a temporary solution until it's fixed.
Apr 3, 2012 9:37 pm by verzosa
Hi, Please try to add the following lines in shsep.php after defined( '_JEXEC' ) or die( 'Restricted access' ); line. // fix for gtranslate $uri =& JURI::getInstance(); $router =& $mainframe->getRouter(); plgSystemGTranslate::parseGTranslate($router, $uri); // sh404sef fix $session = & JFactory::getSession(); $lang = $session->get('glang'); $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] = str_replace('/'.$lang.'/', '/', $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']); Did you mean shSec.php? Adding these lines: // fix for gtranslate $uri =& JURI::getInstance(); $router =& $mainframe->getRouter(); plgSystemGTranslate::parseGTranslate($router, $uri); // sh404sef fix $session = & JFactory::getSession(); $lang = $session->get('glang'); $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] = str_replace('/'.$lang.'/', '/', $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']); I have tried this but it does not work with "Activate SEO management" set to "yes"
Apr 4, 2012 12:42 pm by miamiman
I don't understand... please somebody confirm. Is there, or is there NOT, a conflict between SH404SEF and GTRANSLATE PRO? According to verzosa, there is?
Apr 4, 2012 2:12 pm by verzosa
@miamiman So it seems.... Hoping for a fix soon, as my site's meta is hadled by SH404SEF.
Apr 4, 2012 4:47 pm by Yana
Hi, Sorry , I have mistyped the file name. It should be shsef.php .
Apr 5, 2012 10:33 am by verzosa
I've tried it, and doesn't work!
Apr 5, 2012 9:27 pm by Yana
Hi, You can disable the joomla plugin version and install the general version which does not conflict with any extension. Also you can try to contact SH404SEF support team and ask them to fix the issue.
Apr 6, 2012 12:45 am by verzosa
Hi, You can disable the joomla plugin version and install the general version which does not conflict with any extension. Also you can try to contact SH404SEF support team and ask them to fix the issue. Sorry for any misunderstanding, But what do you mean by that? General version of what, SH404SEF? Specify which com/plugin you are reffering to. I already sent support ticket. Hope this can be fixed asap
Apr 6, 2012 12:10 pm by verzosa
I don't think this is SH404SEF's issue but your plugin is conflicting somehow with SH404SEF. As it is working perfectly alone wihtout your plugin.
Apr 6, 2012 6:03 pm by Yana
Hi, If you can send FTP access and backend admin username/password I can check the settings . You can install GTranslate Pro General. Here is the manual: https://gtranslate.io/docs/57-gtranslat ... on#general Also you can consider using our new Enterprise service.
Apr 6, 2012 8:16 pm by verzosa
Hi, You can install GTranslate Pro General. Here is the manual: https://gtranslate.io/docs/57-gtranslat ... on#general Also you can consider using our new Enterprise service. I've been there before and installed the general version, but it;s giving errors in my server where one of the devs have been in the backend of my server. The Plugin version however is working, but it conflicts with SH404SEF's Active SEO management. My server meets the spesifications, so this needs to be resolved. Thanks
Apr 6, 2012 8:21 pm by verzosa
I just got a message from Anythingdigital and they said it cannot be used together with Gtranslate plugin. http://anything-digital.com/forum/exten ... is-on.html If we can get the General version to work, is it possible that it will function with SH404SEF active SEO management? I have another project i did with Gtranslate general version, which is working fine with SH404SEF.
Apr 6, 2012 8:28 pm by Yana
Hi, If you can send FTP access and backend admin username/password I'll try to fix the issue.
Apr 6, 2012 8:35 pm by verzosa
Done. Sent you a PM
Apr 6, 2012 8:37 pm by verzosa
Using general version will give you 301 on debug. But if the plugin works as it should, so there must be a coding error with the auth tunneling or something.