Forum Archive - Presales Questions: Traffic etc.

Presales Questions: Traffic etc.
Feb 23, 2011 5:50 pm by firnkes
Hi, sorry but i forgot three questions: - i'm a bit concerned as for the google api limit. I have many pages within my blog, so if i have only some e.g. English users that limit will be broken. Can the translated pages (only that ones, not the original version) be cached so that all will be translated one time each day? - can i (as for the limit) switch on the /language/ urls only for one language, but anyway offer more languages/flags to be translated within the frontend? - a friend of mine has the pro version, but the urls only have /language/..original_text..., is there a possibility that the original url text will be translated and inexed for each particular language too? ah and sorry :-) - "This way, when a visitor visits a page which has been translated before, the script will show the page from the cache instead of translating it again." Will the "normal" German blog be slower as fo the caching? The cached articles are within the database then? Thanks a lot!!
Re: Presales Questions: Traffic etc.
Feb 23, 2011 6:52 pm by Edvard
The cached files will be kept in the file system, not in the database. The translated pages will be little bit slower than the original version. Yes, it can be customized to choose which languages you want to be indexed in Google and use Pro option for them and use free version for the rest. URLs will not be translated.
Feb 24, 2011 12:28 pm by firnkes
so you think with chaching enabled, even a blog with lets say 1000 and more articles will not reach the google limit? "The translated pages will be little bit slower than the original version", but only that ones, right? Do you plan in a future version to translate the url too, i think that could be a "killer feature"? thx!
Feb 24, 2011 2:12 pm by Edvard
There is a daily limit, so if you hit the limit for that day the translation will continue the next day, so the content will be translated and cached over time. Meanwhile it will show the original text. Yes, only that ones, it will not make your site slower, it's like having a software installed on your computer which you don't use. Currently there are no plans for that feature.