Forum Archive - Another plea for real GTRANSLATE PRO help!

Another plea for real GTRANSLATE PRO help!
Apr 22, 2012 3:09 pm by miamiman
I've been using gtranslate pro for over a year now for a bunch of different sites. Recently it's all a mess and the answers from the forums are always "Send your FTP access" or "upgrade to our enterprise solution"? DOES PROPER CONFIGURATION OF GTRANSLATE NOW REQUIRE THAT.... 1. ... you add "$force_translation=1" to the .htaccess file? Yes / No? - If yes, please upgrade your FAQ. 2. ... you use the Google or Bing APIs? Yes / No? - If no, why is it there? 3. ... you disable SEO management from SH404SEF? Yes / No? - Apparently there is a conflict per: http://anything-digital.com/forum/exten ... is-on.html 4. ... you delete the cache language folders for non-desired translations?, as well as modifying the relevant sitemap? Yes / No? I'm getting partial translations, and don't know if its because of a coding conflict / api limitations / or something else. Thank you.
Re: Another plea for real GTRANSLATE PRO help!
Apr 23, 2012 4:34 pm by Yana
Hi, You can find the documentation here: https://gtranslate.io/docs/57-gtranslat ... umentation 1. There is no need to add &force_translation=1 in .htaccess 2. GTranslate Pro works without API key. API key is an optional feature. 3. Gtranslate Pro is compatible with sh404sef. We'll try to fix the issue soon. 4. Please do not delete individual language folders. Please enable GTranslate debug mode to understand the problem. You will see a debug.txt file inside gtranslate folder, where you will see the communication between your server and google translator.
Apr 26, 2012 1:47 pm by miamiman
More questions. 1. I upgrade gtranslate in February by overwriting the general files. Should I uninstall the general files and install the j1.5 plug-in? Will this affect any configuration, license or .human edited translations? 2. When will the bug for SH404SEF be fixed? I am still getting partial translations.
Apr 27, 2012 4:29 pm by miamiman
Any answer to my latest two questions?
Apr 27, 2012 4:48 pm by Yana
Hi, 1. If you want to unsintall the general version and install the joomla plugin version, you should convert the .human files. The cache format for non joomla version is in JSON. The joomla version uses raw format. The cache name is the same. If you check it will be very easy to convert.The rest will be translated again. 2. We will try to fix it in our next release version.
Apr 28, 2012 5:31 pm by miamiman
Thank you Yana, 1. Is there any difference between using the j-plugins, or the general version? As I've mentioned, I am still getting partial translations using the general version. 2. Any expected date for next release? I am at a complete loss why my sites are now only partially translated.
Apr 30, 2012 12:54 pm by miamiman
Any answer to? 1. Is there any difference between using the j-plugins, or the general version? 2. Is there an advantage to using the google or bing apis? 3. Any expected date for next release? As I've mentioned numerous times, I am still getting partial translations.
Apr 30, 2012 3:04 pm by Yana
Hi, 1. The only difference is the installation process. 2. We cannot say exactly when it will be ready. The next release of the GTranslate Pro hasn't been done yet and so you'll have to wait for a while. The release will be followed by a testing period which might take a long time. In this case I would recommend using our new Enterprise service.