Forum Archive - Google bar showing at top of page

Google bar showing at top of page
Apr 24, 2012 5:12 pm by primated
Hello, I was using GTrans, but it doesn't appear to have a short code to easily be able to place it in more than one sidebar and the php snippet that is supplied with it in the readme doesn't appear to work. So I installed GTranslate, which seems to work fine, but even with Google default selected, the Google Bar appears at the top. This did not happen with GTrans, but it does with GTranslate. Any Ideas? Thanks
Re: Google bar showing at top of page
Apr 24, 2012 5:38 pm by primated
Also, when used in the sidebar with shortcode, there is a very large gap between the bottom of the translate selector and the next widget down. Thanks
Apr 24, 2012 5:49 pm by primated
Sorry, I see that Gtrans does have a short code. One other issue, when it does the translation, in my wordpress theme, it changes from the themes css file to the default wordpress/buddypress css file. If you run the HTML validator on the site, yes you see some errors, but the site is wordpress/buddypress so a lot of it is in php, which the vallidator doesn't know what to do with. It a nice plugin, but before looking to upgrade, we would like to see the free one working to it's full potential. Thanks
Apr 24, 2012 7:14 pm by Yana
Hi, Could you please post your website address so I can check and understand what the problem is?