Forum Archive - 2 Issues with Enterprise edition

2 Issues with Enterprise edition
Apr 29, 2012 10:48 am by scissorhands
Hi, First of all, I love your Product, It's neat and looks professional...but I believe I'm having 2 minor issues that I need help with. 1: After a user logs into his account, if he switches languages, it kicks him and tell the user that he needs to log back in again ( This is an issue with Google Chrome, Apple and Firefox) BUT with IE it works just fine ! 2: I have a chat module also installed on my site. As long as English is selected, the chat module works, and people can chat with each other, but once the language is changed, then that person appears offline, meaning that person cannot send or receive any messages .For ex : 2 users : both log in and use English : both can see each other on the chat module and send and receive messages. One user changes his Language, and suddenly he appears offline to the other user ! Like I said your product is good, I love it, but if these 2 deals cannot be addressed or fixed, then It's no use me paying for the Enterprise version, when Google Translate does the translation for free. It looks unprofessional but it at least there are no conflicts I must also point out that your "after sales service" is top notch, I did receive an email from one of Mr. Ghahramanyan asking if everything was ok ..This shows that you care for your customers, and I like to do business with companies and people who care for their customers. Hoping you'd help me out solving these 2 issues. Kind Regards
Re: 2 Issues with Enterprise edition
Apr 29, 2012 2:12 pm by Edvard
I believe that it is because of cookie domain. It need to be set .domain.com so all subdomains will share the same cookie value, note the dot before the domain name. The second issue can be connected with ajax requests, if you can post the link, I can look into and tell for sure what it is and how to avoid that.
Apr 29, 2012 2:47 pm by scissorhands
I believe that it is because of cookie domain. It need to be set .domain.com so all subdomains will share the same cookie value, note the dot before the domain name. Hi Edvard, Thank you for reply ...I believe it is set correctly I just checked again for example Afrikaans is set af.mydomain(wanna_keep_it_private_fornow).com -----> Forwarded to ---> xxx.xxx.gtranslate.net All the selected languages are in the same format meaning and works fine with IE only problems with other browsers ...or MAYBE, I haven't fully or properly understood the instructions. Hopefully you can guide me in layman terms on how to fix it. The second issue can be connected with ajax requests, if you can post the link, I can look into and tell for sure what it is and how to avoid that. ok Great, Can I email the link to you ...I'd like to keep the whole thing private for now ? Thank you for the reply and support
Apr 29, 2012 3:03 pm by Edvard
Hi, I know your domain, I have found it by your email. I confirm that the first issue is because of cookie domain. When you login on your site, it sets a unique cookie and on every load the browser sends the cookie data to your site, so your site knows who the visitor is. Cookies are assigned with domain name and browser doesn't send cookies assigned with other domains. For example www.domain.com and domain.com are different. If you are logged on domain.com, you will not be logged on www.domain.com, because cookies for domain.com will not be sent if you are on www.domain.com. But if you assign your cookie with .domain.com all the subdomains like www, it, fr, etc... will share cookies and if you are logged on www.domain.com you will be also logged on domain.com or it.domain.com. I have just searched and I think found a solution on joomla forum: http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?p=1746135 I'm not sure why it works on IE though. For the second issue, please post a link to your chat and may be a test login details if needed, so I can check it for you.
Apr 29, 2012 3:51 pm by scissorhands
Hi Again, I just read the solution on Joomla Forum, I'm gonna try it out. and the second issue, username 1 : kim password: kim666 username 2 : will password will666 It's the red bar at the bottom, that's the chat ...works only if user has selected English as his Language. I'm very appreciative that you're taking the time to help me out. Thank you again
Apr 29, 2012 4:13 pm by Edvard
The second issue is being connected with the wrong content-type response during the ajax call. The chat works using the ajax technology which sends requests to the server on the background, gets data from it and visualizes the response using javascript. For example it sends /index.php?option=com_uddeim&task=ajaxGetNewMessages&no_html=1 request to get the messages. The response content-type is set to text/html as I can see, however it should be text/plain, since the response doesn't contain any html. Other requests seem to have a correct content-type. You need to talk to the chat extension developers and ask them to fix the response content type for all the ajax requests. If there will be any questions I can help them.
Apr 29, 2012 4:19 pm by scissorhands
ok Great Thank you very much. I appreciate all the trouble you've taken to solve this. I am going to try the fix from the Joomla Forum and I will keep you posted / updated. Your after sales service is Excellent !!! Thank you again
Apr 29, 2012 4:23 pm by Edvard
Thank you :)