Forum Archive - Pro Ver Help needed

Pro Ver Help needed
May 1, 2012 4:18 am by dino345
Hello, We have installed GTranslate Pro version and are doing our initial testing, content translation is excellent. But few concerns when compared to Joomfish. 1. Meta description / title / keywords are not translating. 2. How do we do - URL address translation 3. I guess there is no SH404SEF Plugin Gtranslate to translate URL and META, unlike Joomfish having a plugin. 4. When I go to main website without /es/ then that language should revert back to "Main Language" but it is not happening. It stays to the translated language even though I just visit "www.domain.com" without language code in URL 5. Translation is happening based on Cookies. It will be better to have translation based on URL address to solve point (4.) above. 6. If I visit website in Spanish, products show 999.00 EUR but the price in actual is 999.00 GBP. So instead of "£" we get "EUR" which is the wrong price shown to user. I hope we can find solution to these points, I am sure it will be beneficial to the whole community. Regards, Dino
Re: Pro Ver Help needed
May 4, 2012 9:56 am by Edvard
1. Try to move GTranslate plugin down in the plugin manager... 2. URL addresses cannot be translated with GTranslate 3. No, there is no plugin for that 4. That is the way it should be. It sets a cookie when you select a language and it will keep the language you have selected until the end of your session. If you don't want that, then you can install general instead of plugin, but in that case during the order process, it will revert back to the original language. 5. It is by design 6. It is a Google translation issue, it translates XXX GBP to XXX EUR... You can change your template to add a span tag to seperate price and currency like this. <span class="notranslate">XXX</span> <span>GBP</span> and in that case it will be more accurate.