Forum Archive - Titles and Meta descriptions duplicated

Titles and Meta descriptions duplicated
Apr 22, 2012 5:25 pm by rwaknine
Seeing Duplicate Title Tags, and Duplicate Meta Descriptions reporting from Webmaster tools for 45+ languages per page. I have checked and sure enough they are all in English and are duplicated. Why are they not translating? The content on the page is translated correctly but the meta data is not. I am using Joomla 2.5 (latest) with sh404sef and GT Translate PRO if that helps.
Re: Titles and Meta descriptions duplicated
Apr 23, 2012 10:04 pm by Yana
Hi, What is your website address?
Apr 27, 2012 9:10 pm by rwaknine
oxygenretreat.com
May 2, 2012 2:33 am by rwaknine
can i get an update on this?
May 4, 2012 9:48 am by Edvard
It doesn't seem that you have it installed correctly. Right now it gives a 404 error page when I want to see a translation.
May 7, 2012 4:11 pm by rwaknine
I have no idea why you would ever get 404 on translation. People use the site all the time for translation without issues. I just tested it on 6 different random languages and no errors. So 0 idea why you had a 404 error. http://www.oxygenretreat.com please try again. been using this software for a few years now and the only issue i have had is with the title and meta descriptions, not 404. let me know.
May 7, 2012 8:34 pm by Yana
Hi, If you have installed SH404SEF you should disable the SEO management option from SH404SEF SEO configuration.
May 8, 2012 11:23 pm by rwaknine
umm can't really do that as then NO descriptions would show up as the SEO plugin for SH404SEF is what puts the title and meta tags in to the page in the first place for those that use sh404sef. We have an sh404sef template (URL manager)to add all of our titles and meta descriptions to the sh404sef generated urls and it appends it to the page. Without the plugin i have no titles nor descriptions (unless I go and add them all in the default joomla program). I can see how this solves the issue as it simply removes them from translation altogether, but this obviously is no good. Are you saying then that your program does not work with sh404sef properly then?
May 9, 2012 11:06 am by Yana
Hi, GTranslate Pro works with SH404SEF plugin. You need to install GTranslate Pro General version. You can find the documentation here : https://gtranslate.io/docs/57-gtranslat ... on#general
May 9, 2012 4:50 pm by rwaknine
I am using the GTranslate Pro version. I have checked your instructions, I am doing everything 100%. ALL my webpages are translating my website content, no issues. It DOES NOT work with meta description or title from sh404sef. This is kinda key as Google is punishing me for duplicate content. So I need this rectified. I read that you are compatible with sh404sef in numerous posts/areas of site but I don't think you are as i can clearly see meta description and titles supplied by sh404sef are not being translated.
May 9, 2012 9:54 pm by Yana
HI, Please try to install the GTranslate Pro general version . You can find the documentation here : https://gtranslate.io/docs/57-gtranslat ... on#general
May 11, 2012 1:28 am by rwaknine
K dunno if i am missing something here or you aren't being clear. You sent me a zipped version of the program for my domain. I assume this IS the Gtranslate Pro General version. Gtranslate Pro is the only version is it not (besides the free one). If not please email me the version I am supposed to be using. But as stated in previous post i did follow all these instructions 100% when installing the paid Gtranslate Pro version sent to me. Just sending the same reply again after i already stated this is not helping me to understand and is certainly not solving the issue.
May 11, 2012 8:10 am by Yana
Hi, If you have a problem with the installation I can install GTranslate Pro for you. For that I will need FTP access and backend admin username/password.
May 14, 2012 12:27 am by rwaknine
I think I installed it correctly, but no problem if u want to take a look. Where do u want me to send the ftp and admin access?
May 14, 2012 6:09 am by Yana
Hi, You can use our contact form on homepage.
May 16, 2012 12:03 am by rwaknine
sent, let me know if any issues. thanks
May 16, 2012 12:04 pm by Yana
Hi, You should disable the SEO management option or install the GTranslate Pro General.
May 17, 2012 1:14 am by rwaknine
K I gave u access to my admin and ftp and u ask me to install the Pro version? It is installed. What am i missing? You keep asking me to disable seo option on sh404sef which u already know wrecks the meta portion of the program thereby rendering most of it useless. You claim Gtranslate is compatible with SH404SEF, whereby your insistance I disable 70% of why anyone would use it puzzles me. Next, WHY do u keep asking me to install the PRO version when it is installed? You asked me for access so u could install it and I asked u why and u asked for access so u could personally install it, so i did and now u ask me to install it again. k, please please please let me know PRECISELY makes you think I don't have this program installed? Because I do, or i would not have the site translating in the first place. The only thing that is NOT working is title and meta description. So we don't keep going around in a circle, this is my postion a) can't disable sh404sef seo or i might as well dump the application b) Pro general version in installed, so your insistence in telling me to install it is making zero sense to me. c) if you don't believe me login and check, u have full access.
May 18, 2012 12:46 pm by Yana
Hi, I've disabled the joomla plugin version and installed the GTranslate Pro General.