Forum Archive - Messed up menu 2.5 joomal

Messed up menu 2.5 joomal
May 7, 2012 7:47 am by kamyk
Hey Guys, I've installed free version of your plug-in. My website - www.gebco.pl I got the flags to appear at the top etc ... but when I click on translation - lets say to English - the top menu will be gone. Is there a possible solution for this issue ? :?:
Re: Messed up menu 2.5 joomal
May 7, 2012 9:43 am by Yana
Hi, Please check your website for HTML validation errors and try to fix all end tag errors.
May 7, 2012 12:05 pm by kamyk
Hi, Please check your website for HTML validation errors and try to fix all end tag errors. Yeap I've done that - but its still not working properly ...
May 7, 2012 12:55 pm by kamyk
Any other ideas ??
May 8, 2012 5:31 am by kamyk
Bump
May 9, 2012 6:48 am by kamyk
Is there a FIX to this ? Please let me know ...
May 9, 2012 11:39 am by Yana
Hi, Please try to install the latest version of gtranslate Free module.
May 9, 2012 5:27 pm by kamyk
OK done that - still the same BTW the latest version available for download was from 24 April http://code.google.com/p/joomla-gtransl ... loads/list
May 10, 2012 5:30 am by kamyk
Bump
May 10, 2012 3:54 pm by Edvard
Hi, I have checked and it is because of your CSS. When you use Redirect translation method Google wraps the content with additional span tag. In your CSS you have this selector: .menutop li.root > .item span in /templates/theme930/css/fusionmenu.css file I presume that if you change it to .menutop li.root.item span it may work. As an alternative solution you can try "On Fly" method.
May 11, 2012 7:07 am by kamyk
Hi, I have checked and it is because of your CSS. When you use Redirect translation method Google wraps the content with additional span tag. In your CSS you have this selector: .menutop li.root > .item span in /templates/theme930/css/fusionmenu.css file I presume that if you change it to .menutop li.root.item span it may work. As an alternative solution you can try "On Fly" method. Thanks Edward, The first method didn't work. Menu was messed up. I tried on the fly method - and it works. Is there a way to have Flags display rather than the drop menu ? I've tried to play with the setting in the admin menu but it didn't work.
May 11, 2012 7:08 am by kamyk
Thanks Edward, The first method didn't work. Menu was messed up. I tried on the fly method - and it works. Is there a way to have Flags display rather than the drop menu ? I've tried to play with the setting in the admin menu but it didn't work.
May 11, 2012 8:15 am by Yana
Hi, In order to use flags you should select Redirect translation method.
May 11, 2012 8:17 am by kamyk
Hi, In order to use flags you should select Redirect translation method. Ehhh... if I'll do that the menu will mess-up. I have to use on fly method - is there a way to have flags and use on fly method ?
May 11, 2012 12:21 pm by Edvard
Currently it is not possible to use flags with On Fly method. However it will be possible in the near future.
May 11, 2012 12:36 pm by kamyk
Currently it is not possible to use flags with On Fly method. However it will be possible in the near future. Does that apply to pro version too ? Cause when I click on pro version in the admin setting, flags appear ?
May 11, 2012 12:38 pm by kamyk
http://gebco.pl/index.php/pl/ please view it now, flags appear at the top - I'm using on-fly method
May 11, 2012 12:54 pm by Yana
Hi, This is not "On Fly method". You have activated "Operate with Pro " option with the "Redirect" translation method. If you are using the Free version you should disable "Operate with Pro " option.
May 11, 2012 1:31 pm by kamyk
This is mu current setting: http://postimage.org/image/crtnisvhv/ ONCE AGAIN - I cannot use redirect method, because that messes up the menu in my template. I can only use on-fly method. If I purchase paid version, will that allow me to use on-fly method and have flags displayed ??
May 11, 2012 2:19 pm by Yana
Dear Kamyk, In order to use the flags you should use "Redirect" translation method.
May 11, 2012 3:47 pm by kamyk
Dear Kamyk, In order to use the flags you should use "Redirect" translation method. I understand that. But when I use redirect method - my menu is all over the place. It is set up correctly only when I use on fly method !
May 11, 2012 6:08 pm by Edvard
I think we have already answered to your question. Please read all our answers one more time.