Forum Archive - Joomla Cache - Pro Version

Joomla Cache - Pro Version
May 9, 2012 2:07 pm by WakingUpCatholic
I am having trouble with my site. I have Joomla 1.5 with GTranslate Pro installed. With Joomla's caching enabled, it occasionally wants to redirect to translated pages instead of the default language. More importantly, it causes really horrible load times in the default language. I can speed it up by clearing the Joomla's cache after disabling GTranslate and then re-enabling GTranslate again. Over time, the cache will get clogged up again, and I have to continually go through this process. Any recommendations for using Joomla's cache, or should I just leave it disabled?
Re: Joomla Cache - Pro Version
May 9, 2012 9:49 pm by Yana
Hi, You can try to turn off the joomla cache . If your page load time is slow you should check your server. You can test the load time of your page here: http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/
May 10, 2012 3:36 pm by WakingUpCatholic
I found out what the problem is, but now I need the fix. It keeps trying to send the site to the "yi" translation - as if it were the default. The it does not even show up as part of the url (i.e. domain.com/yi/page.htm). It's almost as if it is trying to treat yi as the default language. Settings for the module/plugin have English as the default language. Is there an update to the plugin I can try to apply? Should I try wiping out the GTranslate cache?
May 10, 2012 3:59 pm by WakingUpCatholic
I updated the Free portion... we'll see what happens. So far, it still occasionally tries to send me to a different language for some reason.
May 10, 2012 4:08 pm by WakingUpCatholic
I still have the same issues. Can I get an update for my Pro version - doman is www.wakingupcatholic.com. Thanks
May 10, 2012 10:28 pm by Yana
Hi, I've checked your website and you have installed the latest version. Please try to disable the joomla cache.