Forum Archive - [Solved] localhost domain

[Solved] localhost domain
May 11, 2012 12:35 pm by mherv
I, i just bought Gtranslate pro and i need a permanent license for my localhost development platform. i have been reading that i can rewrite my hosts file so that it will redirect to localhost. however, this cannot be a permanent solution cause i need to be able to access easily my product site or my dev site. can you please provide me a dev license for localhost? regards, Marc
Re: localhost domain
May 11, 2012 12:48 pm by Yana
Hi, We will need a domain name from you to enable your license. It can be hosted on your local server, however "localhost" domain name is not acceptable. Please let us know an appropriate domain name something like local.yourdomain.com to use it for testing purpose.
May 11, 2012 1:52 pm by mherv
can i give you any name to be locally rewritten or does it need to be a name registered by the nic
May 11, 2012 3:22 pm by Yana
Yes, you can send any name.
May 11, 2012 3:28 pm by mherv
my website's name is moldorent.com i could for instance call my test site moldotest.com however, i did not set physically moldorent.com on a web server yet, and the name is still parked. moldotest.com has not even been bought. i am for the moment only working on my local machine windows 7 with xampp and joomla2.5.4 installed I also made the necessary steps locally to install gtranslate now i have been looking a moment how to set .htaccess to rewrite moldorent into localhost (as i have the license for moldorent), but the syntax is complicated and needs more time than i want to spend on that. i also suspect that i have to change the environmental variables or play with some dns configuration to get the results done, cause the browser will not know itself that it has to look on the local server to resolve the url. besides all this i must say that when i apply your script in .htaccess, even the localhost url gets rejected and its not very appropriate because in the xampp installation you must for instance type localhost to get phpmyadmin So i would be glad to have a step by step guide in addition to the moldotest.com license to make my local installation. for your information, i have been using a product coded by ioncube in the past and they gave me 2 licenses, 1 for my real url, and another for "localhost" so i didnt have many things to do locally to make it work best regards, Marc
May 11, 2012 3:34 pm by Yana
Hi, You can find the documentation here: https://gtranslate.io/docs/57-gtranslat ... umentation
May 11, 2012 3:40 pm by mherv
actually i read all this, and applied everything it doesnt say how to install gtranslate so that it will work on my local server with no dns pointing to it, and how to set up htaccess so that moldotest will be replaced by localhost
May 11, 2012 8:53 pm by Yana
Hi, You can use moldorent.com domain name for testing.
May 12, 2012 12:02 pm by mherv
i tried that but how do i have to configure my server and my computer to rewrite localhost or moldorent.com cause when i apply your modifications in .htaccess i get nowhere and i even loose the localhost access
May 12, 2012 12:19 pm by Yana
Hi, you should add the following line to your hosts file. 127.0.0.1 moldorent.com
May 12, 2012 1:30 pm by mherv
thanks for the information. the hosts file modification works. now when i type http://moldorent.com in my browser, i am directed to my developing site page however when i apply your modifications in .htaccess and i restart apache : # gtranslate config RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /$1/$3 [R=301,L] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /$1/ [R=301,L] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1&url=$2 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1 [L,QSA] RewriteRule .* index.php [F] and i acess my site i get this : Accès interdit! Vous n'avez pas le droit d'accéder au répertoire demandé. Soit il n'y a pas de document index soit le répertoire est protégé. (you have no right to access to the requested folder. either there is no index document or the folder is protected -it doesnt say which folder) Error 403 moldorent.com 05/12/12 16:23:08 Apache/2.2.21 (Win32) mod_ssl/2.2.21 OpenSSL/1.0.0e PHP/5.3.8 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.1 would be nice to know what to do. regards, Marc
May 12, 2012 1:39 pm by mherv
modifying the hosts file works thanks however when i apply your modifs in the .htaccess file and restart apache : # gtranslate config RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /$1/$3 [R=301,L] .... ... RewriteRule .* index.php [F] i get a 403 error forbidden access telling me that i have no right to access to the requested folder (doesnt say which folder) for your information i implanted ioncube in the htdocs folder maybe it should be somewhere else or i should modify a configuration file to say that ioncube is there what should i do ? regards, Marc
May 12, 2012 4:31 pm by Yana
Hi, You can upload info.php file to gtranslate folder to check the system requirements. Also please check the /gtranslate/cache folder permissions.
May 13, 2012 11:54 am by mherv
i made sure a second time that the cache folder was writable and i gave full permissions to everybody it does not change. please tell me where to upload the phpinfo html thanks mh
May 13, 2012 4:42 pm by Yana
Hi, If you installed GTranslare General version you should upload info.php to the /gtranslate folder. For joomla plugin version you can check the system requirements in the joomla administration panel: Help > System Info > PHP Information
May 13, 2012 6:39 pm by mherv
yes i did this. now where do i send you the result?
May 13, 2012 6:51 pm by Yana
Hi, You can use our contact form on homepage.
May 13, 2012 7:07 pm by mherv
Sorry Yana, but i cant send you an attachment on either the forum and the contact form can you give me a regular address where i can stick my attachment to? regards Marc
May 14, 2012 5:55 am by Yana
Hi, I've checked the PHP information. The PHP ionCube Loader is not installed or enabled. Please install it.
May 14, 2012 5:58 am by mherv
but i did it. i went to ioncube loader took the installer and ran it. will try again and let you know
May 14, 2012 6:07 am by Yana
Please try to copy the php.ini file to gtranslate directory.
May 14, 2012 6:41 am by mherv
so now i installed ioncube correctly with their wizard. i got this message Loader Installed The ionCube Loader version 4.0.14 for PHP 5.3 is already installed and encoded files should run without problems. i also copied php.ini into the gtranslate folder (that sits under the htdocs folder) but the situation did not change : as soon as i uncomment your rewrite rules in .htaccess i get a forbidden access on moldorent.com (without www) or localhost although they will work with the rules commented. shouldn't i had to apply somewhere a license coded file?
May 14, 2012 6:49 am by mherv
by the way, my license.dat file in the distribution you sent me is empty. couldnt this explain that?
May 14, 2012 8:14 pm by Yana
Hi, The size of the license file should be 0 . The size of the license.dat will change after connecting with our server. Please make sure that you don't have installed both the joomla plugin version and the General version.
May 14, 2012 8:20 pm by mherv
how could i have done this? i read installation.txt i read the readme file and installed plg_gtranslate1.7.zip to be sure i will remove the component now and reinstall
May 14, 2012 8:22 pm by Yana
Hi, You can find the documentation here: https://gtranslate.io/docs/57-gtranslat ... umentation
May 14, 2012 8:43 pm by mherv
Yana, How many times must i say that i did all this. i set the ioncube loader, i made the installation of the plugin(1.7) from the extenstion manager, i got an aknowledgement from it, i enabled the plugin, i setup robots.txt ans sitemap too, and i modified htaccess within your requirements. i also modified the hosts file to accept moldorent.com everything goes fine when i comment your lines in .htaccess i access to http://moldorent.com and see my front end. i can access to localhost for instance for the administration then when i uncomment you lines in .htaccess i get an access denial. for your information, i am not an expert but i am not a newebe either. its not my first joomla site, i have been dealing with ioncube protected components before (although i recieved a file certificate), and i made some php coding and debugging in the components i bought. so please lets find a way out of this
May 14, 2012 9:18 pm by Yana
Dear Mherv, I cannot check the settings on your local server.
May 14, 2012 9:22 pm by mherv
i got further, my .htaccess file seem to have been corrupted. now i am not rejected. still making the setup on the plugin and on joomla. i didnt see the results yet however according to the doc i should have a file named config.php in the gtranslate folder and i cant see it
May 14, 2012 9:45 pm by mherv
ok i begin to go to somewhere. i am not rejected any more however, i dont see much of a translation. i dont see any language selector and when i type moldorent.com/fr/ or moldorent.com/de/ the login module of the site gets translated but that all of it. not the title of the site etc.... the problem is that i also installed the jomres module that is translation capable altough i removed all the multilingal options. so i dont know who does what. to know better i will set 2 different default languages for g translate ant jomres like spanish and french and i will know who takes the hand over the other one when
May 14, 2012 9:55 pm by mherv
so the part of translation is made by jomres and gtranslate does nothing althoug it dont burden any more
May 14, 2012 9:58 pm by mherv
i forgot to say that the plug in is enabled, and that each time i make a back end modification i issue a clear cache to be sure everything is refeshed before i check the front end. please tell me what to do
May 15, 2012 10:11 am by mherv
I finally made it work. i didnt understand that i had to install the free module in addition to the pro version. i have unpredictable results cause i am running on localhost but this doesnt bother me for the moment. however ?language_edit=1 doesnt work i get a 404 error. i read somewhere that i should setup a user code and a password in a configuration php file and i dont have this file in my distribution
May 15, 2012 6:23 pm by Yana
Hi, If you installed the Joomla plugin version you should use your juumla admin username and password for editing translations. You need to login to the frontend first and thea add ?language_edit=1 to the end of the url. If yo want to use jomres with GTranslate , you should install the General version and in this case you should modify the gtranslate config lines and replace [a-z] with the language codes which you want to be handled by GTranslate. In order to enable the language selector you should install the free module and turn on "Operate with Pro" option.
May 15, 2012 7:33 pm by mherv
actually writing ?language_edit=1 always lead to a 404 error unless i am missing something. but i am using the plugin version can you give me an example of language code replacements instead of [a-z] ? i guess its a bnf form so it sould be like that :[a-zA-Zàéèê......] true? in fact i dont have the codes for all languages can you supply me a replacement that is known to work?
May 15, 2012 9:33 pm by Yana
Hi, You should login to the frontend first. Please use the following link http://moldorent.com/component/com_users/ In this example Japanese, Russian and French will be handled by GTranslate Pro # gtranslate config RewriteRule ^(ja|fr|it)/(ja|fr|it)/(.*)$ /$1/$3 [R=301,L] RewriteRule ^(ja|fr|it)/(ja|fr|it)$ /$1/ [R=301,L] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteRule ^(ja|fr|it)/(.*)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1&url=$2 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^(ja|fr|it)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1 [L,QSA]
May 15, 2012 10:05 pm by mherv
Yana sorry to tell you that but it should be componentS not component in the url, and there is apparently no piece of code allowing me to login there. however i have a login module on my site and when i login as an administrator it does it :) but this brings me to another place : the front end i have access to when i am an administrator and the frontend the user sees are not the same at all. And what i want to be modifying is what the user sees not what the administrator sees. On another hand, the feature to request a paid translation in the cart is not very effective for me, because either i speak the language and i notice a translation mess and i sould be able to correct it myself or i dont notice the translation problem because i dont speak the language and i wont be able to ask you to change single sentences. so my question is there : for me it would be more effective to know where the user and the password in the code are made so that i would simply remove them for my developing purposes, and once the developing will be made i will switch back to the proper code. is this possible?
May 15, 2012 10:10 pm by mherv
about the rewrite rules, I really dont understand them and i do not want to spend the 2 to 5 necessary days in the mod-rewrite specs to write something that works. so here is the question : Do you happend to have a set of rules that covers all the languages that you handle? thanks Yana
May 15, 2012 10:51 pm by mherv
Please Tell me if i get this strait : I should remove the joomla plugin to install the pro version in a general way then i set a user and password that will not be administrator and i create the same user on my site i log an the user and i have all facilities to edit what the normal user sees. no need to be changing the code, and if i want i still can change it within edit_translations.php all i need now is a set of rewrite rules that works with everything regards Marc
May 16, 2012 12:13 pm by Yana
Hi, If you installed the joomla plugin you cannot change the code. For the General version you can change edit_translation.php file. Here are the rules for all languages. # gtranslate config RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /$1/$3 [R=301,L] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /$1/ [R=301,L] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1&url=$2 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1 [L,QSA]
May 17, 2012 4:01 pm by mherv
thanks for all this. i installed the general version set an end user that is not administrator and gave the id and password to confing.ini then i was able to modify some translations directly in the front end regards Marc you can set this case to solved. now i will issue a new post that will give non fallout installation instructions