Forum Archive - Windows server installation

Windows server installation
Feb 28, 2011 8:59 am by [email protected]
I installed the free version of GTranslate and it works well, I had to make some adjustments compared to the original script to fit the needs of my site and I was thinking of buying the Pro version to get essence of the functions Enable search engine indexing, Search engine friendly URLs, Meta keywords and meta description translation. I wanted to ask if the Pro version also works for Windows Servers and IIS, if you have even flies in .asp or just in .php and whether to install the Pro version replace the free version or is it just a code or a configuration that is added to that exists free script. Regards
Re: Windows server installation
Feb 28, 2011 12:31 pm by Edvard
If you have ISAPI_rewrite or IIRF which are equivalents of Apache mod_rewrite installed on your IIS server and there is a php support then it will work. It is an addition to the free version.
Mar 1, 2011 5:37 pm by [email protected]
Dear Edvard Ananyan, many thanks for your answer. I asked to the company where I have the server and he said that IIS properly supports ISAPI filters; I do not know if what you say is something different from what is usually already installed in IIS; for php there is no problem because it is installed in the server, there would be a way to do a try? Maybe you mean the ISAPI_Rewrite Lite version I see at http://www.isapirewrite.com/ ? Here you can see the limitations of the Lite version: http://www.helicontech.com/isapi_rewrit ... itever.htm Do it work also with this version? Regards
Mar 2, 2011 10:17 am by Edvard
Hi, If you can give me access to your server, I can make the tests, so I can tell for sure. I'll need an FTP access and access to change the ISAPI rewrite rules.
Mar 2, 2011 12:00 pm by [email protected]
Hi, what do you mean for "change the ISAPI rewrite rules"? In the server is not yet installed the module ISAPI_Rewrite Lite but only the default who comes with IIS; with an ftp access I don't belive you can not see any files to change the rules. Regards
Mar 2, 2011 12:42 pm by Edvard
I want to be able to change the so called ISAPI filters. Also need to see the php configuration options to see if it meets the requirements.
Mar 3, 2011 3:33 pm by [email protected]
Hi, I sent you a private message. Perhaps the easiest thing is to move the site (or part of it) in a server with Linux; what do you think? Regards
Mar 4, 2011 6:56 pm by Edvard
Will look. Yes, that will be the best.