Forum Archive - Problem with GT Translator

Problem with GT Translator
May 11, 2012 7:45 am by nenad70
Hello, I have installed free version of GT Translator, and intend to purchase pro version if you can fix the bug. Joomla 2.5 template that I use for presentation is Revista nueva and the url is http://www.fitness-studion1.com/ When I click on the flag (upper right corner), there are some missing parts after translation. What to do, how to fix this problem? Thanks and regards, Nenad
Re: Problem with GT Translator
May 11, 2012 7:52 am by Yana
Hi, I've checked your website for HTML errors. Please try to solve all end tag errors . http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http% ... ne&group=0
May 12, 2012 9:16 pm by nenad70
Hi, As far as I can see, there are no end tag errors. Doublechecked with Dreamveawer too. Could you be more specific, which files I have to look at...what to change? Brgds, Nenad
May 13, 2012 6:24 pm by Yana
Hi, Please check your template css .
May 14, 2012 6:51 pm by nenad70
Hello, CSS is OK and the template itself works perfectly. But, it seems that the transformation loads and adds a script for each text and breaks all other JavaScript. Since there are certain components in the template that are based on jQuery/JavaScript, it seams to be that after translation they cannot function anymore. So, can you exclude some modules/components/content such as Gallery and Slideshow from translation? They best be ignored and left alone? As I mentioned in my first post, I intend to purchase pro version. But, firstly I have to be sure that translator can be adjusted to a given template. Best regards, Nenad
May 14, 2012 7:05 pm by Yana
Hi, You can wrap it by class="notranslate" attribute.
May 15, 2012 8:30 am by nenad70
Hello How to do it? And where to do it? Brgds, Nenad
May 15, 2012 6:25 pm by Yana
Hi, You should edit the source of your webpage. It works with any tag. Here is an example. <span class="notranslate"> Your text </span>
May 29, 2012 8:12 pm by nenad70
I am using Revista youtheme joomla template which contains so called Widgetkit as a platform for all their widgets. http://www.fitness-studion1.com/ I created a Custom HTML module and inserted the Gallery using Widgetkit Shortcode. This I wrapped in a <span class="notranslate">: <div> <span class="notranslate">[widgetkit id=50]</span> </div> But it does no help here. Still the jQuery of the translation breaks the jQuery of Widgetkit and stops it. The errors vary but Widgekit is just disabled by it: window.external.resT is not a function While this content is wrapped in the span with the class, it is still fully processed and rendered broken. So, I gave up from flags, and used drop down list. Also I changed translation method from Redirect to Google Default (On Fly). Now, I'm facing with another problem. When I try to turn the translation back from some other language to the site language which is originally Serbian latin, GT translate's it to Serbian cyrillic. How to make it to translate the pages to the Serbian latin language?
Jun 1, 2012 8:19 am by nenad70
Is there any solution for Serbian latin ? Maybe to get back to original page (without translation) when click on Serbian from drop down menu? Is it possible to do it? How? Please advice. Thanks and regards, Nenad
Jun 1, 2012 2:03 pm by Edvard
Hi, You can use Redirect translation method and it will be OK. It will be OK also in Pro version.
Jun 3, 2012 7:47 pm by nenad70
Hi, When I use Redirect translation method, the translation breaks the jQuery of Widgetkit and stops it. That's why I use Google Default (On Fly). Is it possible to get back to original page (with NO translation) when click on Serbian from drop down menu? Please advice. Brgds, Nenad
Jun 6, 2012 2:18 pm by Edvard
With Pro version it will be OK. It will not break anything. It is not possible to modify the Google code used by Google Default translation method.