Forum Archive - Some problems with Gtranslate Pro

Some problems with Gtranslate Pro
May 16, 2012 8:51 am by dylis
Hi, I need some help with : - I use joomla and hickashop on my site, when I try to "add to cart" a product, or to confirm an order (or actually any button inside hickashop component), the language reverse back to default. - All buttons in page arnt translated. I read that GTranslate Pro doesnt translate <input> field, but changing all <input> for <button> is not an option as I would need to modify the whole Hickashop component wich generate <input> for buttons. Any update about or other way to do ? Can I use Gtranslate and Joomfish in combination for the same language to do this ? - I will transfer my demo site to its permanent domain url soon, What do I need to do beside from telling you about the swich ?
Re: Some problems with Gtranslate Pro
May 16, 2012 11:15 am by Yana
Hi, 1. Have you installed the GTranslate joomla plugin version or the general version? Could you please send me the link? 2. Currently it is not translating input value which can cause errors in the form submission algorithm. If you want a button to be translated you need to use <button> tag instead. In future versions there will be option added to force input value attribute translation. 3. You should send your new domain name and we'll change the license.
May 16, 2012 11:22 am by dylis
Hi, 1- I use the general version as my website is in a subfolder. the web site http://demo-occitancreations.com/lectran 2- This is impossible. As I said I cant modify manually a whole e-commerce component in order to change a tag. I feel a bit ripped-off about this, I would have not bought the product if I knew it wasnt able to translate input field, there is no warning about it in yer product description. When will next version, with forced input translations, available ? TY
May 16, 2012 6:21 pm by Edvard
If we force the translation of input tags your e-commerce software most likely will not work, because in the system it validates the submitted input values and if the values are translated it may not accept the submission considering the submission as invalid. So to solve it you will need to convert them to buttons instead. It shouldn't be difficult, you probably can do it from your template without modifying the system.
May 16, 2012 9:51 pm by dylis
Well, if you know the "probably" "not difficult" solution, please look at the site and tell me, I will gladly give you access. From what I saw so far, it isnt that easy, and it's more than just some template overide. what about the first problem : language reversing back to default when using submit buttons ?
May 22, 2012 8:28 am by dylis
up ?
Jun 1, 2012 1:22 pm by Edvard
You need to use Joomla plugin instead of general version to avoid the revert back to original. You can ask your developer to make the conversion of input to buttons for you.