Forum Archive - Migrated from j1.5 to j2.5 can't get it working

Migrated from j1.5 to j2.5 can't get it working
May 11, 2012 8:56 pm by LAMF64
Hello I have GTranslate Pro version and have migrated a site from joomla 1.5 to joomla 2.5 but I can't get the GTranslate to work. I have installed and enabled the plugin v3.14159... and the module and enabled SEF URLS and url Rewrite under the global settings but get only this error when clicking the Englisg flag (my site is Swedish). "Not Found The requested URL /en/ was not found on this server. Apache/2.2.22 (Unix) Server at www.gagneffiske.se Port 80" How can I get it working again? My URL is www.gagneffiske.se Thank you.
Re: Migrated from j1.5 to j2.5 can't get it working
May 11, 2012 9:17 pm by LAMF64
I have to update this. PLease check put my site now...things is really weird. I have uploaded all the translation cache files from th eold installation as you told me maybe that is why it's actiong so strange now. www.gagneffiske.se press English or German flag and things are really gettting weird. Please I need help with this.
May 12, 2012 10:31 am by Yana
Hi, If you have entered API key please remove it. If you can send me FTP access and backend admin username password I'll check the settings.
May 13, 2012 8:54 pm by LAMF64
Hi, I haven't entered any API key. I sent you all login details via PM. Do I need a special packet plugin with licence key for gagneffiske.se? If so I haven't got any because it is first installed on a j1.5 platform.
May 14, 2012 6:17 am by Yana
Hi, I'll check it and let you know.
May 16, 2012 7:18 am by LAMF
HI, Any progress yet with this? It is still not working... Regards, LAMF
May 16, 2012 7:42 am by Yana
Hi, I've disabled your old installation and installed it again. I've copied your .human files. Please check.
May 16, 2012 8:12 am by LAMF
HI, It is almost working now. I find some strange tags on different places like this example: {"data":{"translations":[{}]},"TranslateResult":"Fishing sites Online","TranslateResultOld":"Fish Pages Online"} and {"TranslateResult":"Fish by moon phases"} Can I get rid of those some way?
May 16, 2012 11:18 am by Yana
Hi, I've removed your old .human files from /html/plugins/system/gtranslate/gtranslate/cache/en directory. Please check.
May 30, 2012 11:37 am by LAMF
Hi again, I got the same issue with another just migrated site, www.lmiab.se, from j1.5 to j2.5. Only this time I got it all working except for the strange thing that it outputs this when enabling the translation from Swedish to English: {"data":{"translations":[{"translatedText":"As a new service offering LMI to help with the production or imports files to the rated program Scriba. We obtain a vectorized. Ai file according to your wishes on the looks and features to suit Scriba program. This can be a complicated time-consuming task if you do not have the right software or experience. Therefore, we offer this to anyone interested. Contact us about this will tell you more."}]}} I looked at the history of this thread but I didn't find any .human files in the /html/plugins/system/gtranslate/gtranslate/cache/en directory. Can you please help me solving it. I have sent you the login details in the PM box. /LAMF
May 30, 2012 12:31 pm by LAMF
Yana, I understand what you mean with removing the old human files (I think) I removed all of the files in that directory and now the translations work. This only leave me with one problem, all translated texts are gone, so it will have to start from the beginning again. This is not so good as that is the purpose of having GTranslate Pro instead of the free version. If I'm wrong I would like to know if it's still possible to back up the old translated texts from the old ..cache/en directory?
May 30, 2012 12:54 pm by Yana
Dear LAMF , Yes, it is possible to copy old cache to the new cache directory but I think that your files are corrupted and this is the cause that the translation doesn't work. However, you can try to copy the cache.