Forum Archive - menu not translating

menu not translating
May 18, 2012 10:12 pm by dianacris
First let me say that I'm happy with GTranslate Free! It was easy to add and position, unlike the Bing translator widget which I could not seem to put where I wanted it to appear. When I used the Google Translate tools the translator kept getting stuck when using IE8 and Safari. GTranslate works in IE, Safari, and Firefox. Thank you! That problem is now solved! So, here' s two issues: 1. Previously I was able to get the Google translate tools to translate the content as well as my DHTML nav menu. GTranslate is not translating the menu. Everything else is translating just fine. 2. Some images are disappearing when I translate the page. I didn't design the page, I'm just adding the translation piece. The graphics at the bottom of the About Us page are there using MenuMachine code. (??) I'm guessing that's causing an issue after the translation runs. I realize the images won't be translated but I don't want them to disappear either. http://clinicalcareskinsolutions.com/about_us.asp Thanks in advance!
Re: menu not translating
May 19, 2012 8:43 pm by Yana
Hi, have you installed the latest version of GTranslate free module ?
May 20, 2012 8:47 pm by dianacris
I just downloaded the code via your website on Friday so I assume that was the latest version. I am using the HTML version so I just picked my options (redirect with all the default options -- no Analytics) and pasted the code into my page. What else do I need to do?
May 21, 2012 8:57 am by Yana
Hi, I've checked the source code of your website. Your menu is generated with javascript and it is not visible in the source code and it cannot be translated. If it is found in source the code it will be translated.
May 22, 2012 11:53 am by dianacris
ok. So what about the images? Why do they disappear after selecting a language?
May 22, 2012 3:34 pm by Yana
Hi, You can write a rule in your .htaccess file to redirect the images. Here is an example : RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2})/image/(.*) /image/$2 [R=301,L]
May 22, 2012 7:01 pm by dianacris
This site is hosted on a windows server with GoDaddy so I don't have an htaccess file. I fixed the issue by changing the path to each image so that it was a full path rather than a relative path. Issue seems to be solved. Now I just have to modify the menu so it's not generated with javascript. Thanks