Forum Archive - Compatabity with qTranslate

Compatabity with qTranslate
Dec 1, 2010 12:50 pm by Quijote
Hi, I have been using qTranslate to maintain a bilingual website (English-Spanish) and it is working very well on the static pages I have created so far. However, I will later be creating post (dynamic) pages and inviting comments. I'm wondering if gTranslate would be a good way to allow visitors to contribute in both languages. Ideally, if they were to post on an English page, a mirror post would appear in Spanish on the Spanish page - and so replies in Spanish would get mirrored back to the English page. This may just be a fantasy of mine, but I wanted to ask you if your plugin could accomplish this? And if not, could it do on the fly translations and put a Spanish version directly under an English post? Thank you very much..... Quijote
Re: Compatabity with qTranslate
Dec 1, 2010 12:53 pm by Edvard
Hi, It is possible to do, but it will be a custom script for your special case. You can contact me via email, so we can discuss it in details.
May 2, 2012 6:40 pm by captiva
Is this still possible to do with the current version of the WordPress plugin qTranslate and the current GTranslate plugin? If so, can you give me the necessary information? Thanks, Richie
May 2, 2012 10:18 pm by Yana
Hi, Could you please describe in more detail what you need?
May 7, 2012 7:49 pm by captiva
I will be using WordPress with the current qTranslate plugin to manage a blog in English and Spanish. The content originates in English and most of the articles are being posted automatically as Drafts via feeds and a custom script. I need to auto-translate (using Google Translate/gTranslate plugin?) the English content being automatically posted in English into Spanish so that qTranslate displays the translated Spanish content with the English together in the post edit screen. Is there a way this can be done with the gTranslate plugin? I appreciate any help or solutions you can offer.
May 20, 2012 2:01 am by captiva
Could you please answer my last post? It would be much appreciated. Thank you
May 21, 2012 2:08 pm by Edvard
Can you post your website address, so I can check your current URL structure?
May 22, 2012 1:34 pm by captiva
Thank you for responding. The site is in development so it's not publicly live yet. It is a WordPress site with this Permalink structure: /%category%/%postname%/ If you need more information, please let me know.
Jun 1, 2012 1:10 pm by Edvard
Let us know when it is online.