Forum Archive - Gtranslate Pro & API Key

Gtranslate Pro & API Key
May 29, 2012 1:46 am by moebin
Hello, We have purchased Gtranslate Pro for the reason of translating our site at a fast pace and storing a copy to index into google. We didn't go with the free solution because of the fact that the API translation can be done much faster. Every time we put in our API key into the config.php it doesn't work. We emailed support and they logged in and removed the API key and replaced it with define('API_KEY', 'INSERT-YOUR-KEY'); I thought they misunderstood so I emailed them again and told them we wanted to use the API key and after 5 days of the translation not working, they log in and remove the API key and say this Hi, Please don't change the setting. I've corrected the setting but you have changed again. This is our last attempt at getting some support before we ask for a refund and look elsewhere.
Re: Gtranslate Pro & API Key
May 29, 2012 1:38 pm by Yana
Dear Moebin, You were changing not only API key but also the gtranslate folders permissions after with I was unable to work with the files and the plugin didn't work either. If you want to add an API key you should edit only /gtranslate/config.php file. The permissions mustn't be changed.
May 29, 2012 11:25 pm by moebin
After this latest fix, only the changed the API key and it didn't work, the debug log is still there is says Response: { "error": { "errors": [ { "domain": "usageLimits", "reason": "accessNotConfigured", "message": "Access Not Configured" } ], "code": 403, "message": "Access Not Configured" } I've gotten online with google and double checked with them that everything on their side is working, see this thread https://groups.google.com/group/google- ... db88923351
May 30, 2012 12:25 pm by Yana
Dear Moebin, Please check your API key.
May 31, 2012 2:08 am by moebin
I have checked now again and I inserted and it did not work, I removed it again so I am at least getting the slower translation... Same Error
Jun 4, 2012 3:38 am by moebin
5 days ago, no reply :cry:
Jun 5, 2012 6:57 am by moebin
Hello, I would like to apologise for blaming the gtranslate team earlier about the plugin not working with the API key. We have tried another google account and it started working. I am sorry again for causing so much annoyance, On the upside our translator has translated over 45k characters and we're happy to see it go, One note, a lmit.txt file keeps getting created, how do we get that not to happen since we're using the API ket option? :oops:
Jun 5, 2012 10:38 am by Yana
Hi, Not a problem at all. I'm glad it's working now. You can add ?force_translation=1 to the end of the URL and it will ignore the limit.txt .