Forum Archive - Bugs & Conflicts

Bugs & Conflicts
May 17, 2012 1:39 am by miamiman
I have asked numerous times without a clear answer: 1. Is there, or is there NOT, a conflict with SH404SEF? 2. When are you releasing an updated PRO version? 3. What is the difference between setting an API and no API? 4. Should /?force_translation=1 be added to the .httacces file? ... and finally ... 5. Why am I STILL getting PARTIAL TRANSLATIONS? http://www.ventasdeseguridad.com ... And please don't sell me your new Enterprise edition, when I've already bought 12 pro licenses.
Re: Bugs & Conflicts
May 21, 2012 2:16 pm by miamiman
Any concrete answers here?
May 21, 2012 9:37 pm by Yana
Hi, 1. There is no conflict with Gtranslate Pro. 2. The release will be followed by a testing period which might take a long time. 3. There are some limitations on the number of characters you can translate per day. As of February 2012, Google charges $20 for every 1 million characters translated through the Translate API. 4. If you want something to be translated instantly and don't want to wait, you can add ?force_translation=1 . There is no need to add it to the .htaccess. 5. Please try to enable the debug mode so I can check it.
May 23, 2012 1:30 pm by miamiman
Hi, 1. There is no conflict with Gtranslate Pro. 2. The release will be followed by a testing period which might take a long time. 3. There are some limitations on the number of characters you can translate per day. As of February 2012, Google charges $20 for every 1 million characters translated through the Translate API. 4. If you want something to be translated instantly and don't want to wait, you can add ?force_translation=1 . There is no need to add it to the .htaccess. 5. Please try to enable the debug mode so I can check it. Ok, so AGAIN why am I getting PARTIAL TRANSLATIONS? www.acrlatinoamerica.com [NO API set, debug = true] www.avilatinoamerica.com [API set to Google, debug = true] www.ventasdeseguridad.com [API set to Bing, debug = true] Sometimes gTranslate functions correctly, most times it does NOT. Sometimes it functions with "?force_translation=1", sometimes NOT. I've spent lots of time trying to resolve this. Please advise.
May 24, 2012 8:52 am by Yana
Hi, Could you please send me FTP access and backend admin username /password so I can check the settings?
May 28, 2012 11:49 am by miamiman
Hi, Could you please send me FTP access and backend admin username /password so I can check the settings? The ftp access accounts have been created and sent via PM. Please confirm.
May 28, 2012 7:19 pm by Yana
Hi, I've received FTP login info. Could you please send me backend admin username/password also? I'll check the settings ASAP.
May 28, 2012 10:58 pm by miamiman
Hi, I've received FTP login info. Could you please send me backend admin username/password also? I'll check the settings ASAP. Sent.
May 29, 2012 1:45 pm by Yana
Hi, I'll let you know the results.
May 30, 2012 1:07 pm by miamiman
Hi, I'll let you know the results. Still waiting.... patiently?
May 30, 2012 4:04 pm by Yana
Hi, I've removed API keys and uploaded php files again. Please check your API keys. Sometimes gTranslate functions correctly, most times it does NOT. There is 100.000 character daily limit. So every day 100KB of your site will be translated and cached. If you want something to be translated instantly and don't want to wait you can add ?force_translation=1 to the end of the URL and it will ignore the limit. Sometimes it functions with "?force_translation=1", sometimes NOT. If you already have ? in the URL you need to add &force_translation=1 to the URL.
May 30, 2012 4:20 pm by miamiman
Hi, I've removed API keys and uploaded php files again. Please check your API keys. Sometimes gTranslate functions correctly, most times it does NOT. There is 100.000 character daily limit. So every day 100KB of your site will be translated and cached. If you want something to be translated instantly and don't want to wait you can add ?force_translation=1 to the end of the URL and it will ignore the limit. Sometimes it functions with "?force_translation=1", sometimes NOT. If you already have ? in the URL you need to add &?force_translation=1 to the URL. Yana, 1. Do I need to replace the php files for all the sites I have licenses for? If so, please send them all. 2. You have yet to explain clearly.... if there is NO character limit with NO API, why even use the API? 3. Won't the "&?force_translation=1" run up against the API limit if set?
May 30, 2012 4:52 pm by Yana
Hi, There is no need to change the php files for all your websites. I've uploaded them to ensure that they aren't corrupted. Sometimes it may stop translating to not exceed the limits set by Google. The limit.txt is intended for saving the translation traffic. It has a timestamp in it and it expires. If you wait, it will expire and the translation process will continue. When you add ?force_translation=1 you force the translation process to be continued. If there are too many requests google can ban you. Google charges $20 for every 1 million characters translated through the Translate API.
May 30, 2012 7:19 pm by miamiman
Hi, There is no need to change the php files for all your websites. I've uploaded them to ensure that they aren't corrupted. Sometimes it may stop translating to not exceed the limits set by Google. The limit.txt is intended for saving the translation traffic. It has a timestamp in it and it expires. If you wait, it will expire and the translation process will continue. When you add ?force_translation=1 you force the translation process to be continued. If there are too many requests google can ban you. Google charges $20 for every 1 million characters translated through the Translate API. Well Yana, I just tried another of our site ... http://www.gerenciadehoteles.com/en/&?f ... nslation=1 with the API set to Google, nothing happens; I set it back to Bing and nothing happens. This is SO frustrating, and entirely unacceptable. Again I ask: No API? Google API? Bing API? Which works? Why is not consistent? What do I have to do to make Gtranslate work consistently??
May 30, 2012 7:45 pm by Yana
Hi, In general, GTranslate Pro works without API key. API is an optional feature. Our customers use it without API , with the google API and with Bing API. You should choose the best for you. Please let me know if it's ok now.
Jun 1, 2012 4:00 pm by miamiman
Hi, In general, GTranslate Pro works without API key. API is an optional feature. Our customers use it without API , with the google API and with Bing API. You should choose the best for you. Please let me know if it's ok now. - I have removed the API requirements on all our sites. - I am now including "&" to the ?force_translation=1 line ... and basically I now have to force the translation for all newly created pages? Please update your FAQ and forums, since many of the instructions are contradictory. I trust that newer versions of gtranslate will be substantially improved.
Jun 2, 2012 8:32 pm by Yana
Hi, Over time everything will be translated but if you want to translate new content instantly you can force the translation. We will try to fix all issues in a future release.
Jun 11, 2012 6:49 pm by miamiman
Well just in case ANYBODY in the forum is following my ongoing mess of a post. After upteen hours of debugging [with Google/Bing API on and off], I now no longer use the API, but now have to manually translate all the pages with "&?force_translation=1", since otherwise I only get PARTIAL TRANSLATIONS. Note: Apparently you have to add the "&" and not just "?force_translation=1" to the url. [Who knew?] After spending hundreds of dollars ($$) on an ioncubed product, the thought of manually translating thousands of pages doesn't make a client especially happy. Good luck to the rest.
Jun 12, 2012 2:06 pm by Yana
Hi, Sometimes it may stop translating to not exceed the limits set by Google. The limit.txt is intended for saving the translation traffic. It has a timestamp in it and it expires. If you wait, it will expire and the translation process will continue. If you don't want to wait you can you add ?force_translation=1 to ignore the limit.txt Note: Apparently you have to add the "&" and not just "?force_translation=1" to the url. [Who knew?] In general, you do not need to add "&" . If you already have ? in the URL you need to add &force_translation=1 to the URL instead of ?force_translation=1