Forum Archive - On Gtranslate Enterprise - Shows "%" before text

On Gtranslate Enterprise - Shows "%" before text
Jun 19, 2012 4:56 pm by griffster
Hi , I just got setup today and testing. my fr.mydomain.com for example has "%" all over the place. Domain is fr dot goalpost dot tv for example. I would have expected "title" to get translated also - this doesnt appear to be the case?? One page i tested has "some" translated but not all.. So far - not happy... Thank you
Re: On Gtranslate Enterprise - Shows "%" before text
Jun 19, 2012 4:59 pm by griffster
OK - i have found this information "% means that the translation is queued and you will see translation soon" Is this always going to be the case? This to me is bad , especially if a Search Engine robot gets to a page. The indexed page will contain uncomplete translation and lots and lots of "%" Please let me know.. This will make up my mind...
Jun 19, 2012 9:15 pm by Yana
Hi, Yes, it is by design. Usually it takes less than one minute to translate the page. you can refresh the page and you will see translated version.
Jun 19, 2012 9:25 pm by griffster
Thanks, but what about 1st time a page is indexed by Google for example ? Won't it take it's first index? The page won't change so Google doesn't have much reason to come back and visit soon unless it's a high traffic page . I have a wordpress blog with many existing pages you see. I don't want google indexing a page of its only half translated. Also because I don't know the level of daily translation done I can't release in an orderly fashion. It sounds like I need to index every page first myself then open to google?
Jun 20, 2012 11:05 am by Edvard
Google doesn't index the page right after the first visit. It visits the page many times before making the decision to index it. You just need to wait and everything will be translated and indexed over time.
Jun 20, 2012 11:09 am by griffster
Google doesn't index the page right after the first visit. It visits the page many times before making the decision to index it. You just need to wait and everything will be translated and indexed over time. I dont agree. Google has indexed my pages on first visit many times. In fact some within seconds. I dont see a reason why you need to show "%" and other XCHARX ( or something like that ) whilst translating. Looks very very bad. Im testing Transposh which doesnt do this and is free ( whilst using Google Translate paid API )
Jun 20, 2012 11:14 am by Edvard
Yes, practically that can happen if Google trusts your content. But it will take short time to re-index the page with translated content, so you shouldn't worry about that. If you don't want to show %-s to your human visitors, you can wait about a week, so spiders will do their job and everything will be translated, then you will just add language selectors.