Forum Archive - Google Default (On Fly) + Flags

Google Default (On Fly) + Flags
Jul 2, 2012 5:10 pm by mayapi
Hello, Only when using Google Default (On Fly) the menu looks correctly, but then flags are invisible. Is the payed version works better or the same way? Can I use Google Default (On Fly) option together with flags? p.s. sites passed validation Thank you Regards Maya
Re: Google Default (On Fly) + Flags
Jul 2, 2012 7:01 pm by Yana
Hi, In order to use the flags you should use 'Redirect' translation method.
Jul 3, 2012 9:42 am by mayapi
Ye, I know, but then navigation is losing css styling, when I choose different language using flags instead of GDropdown. Why Redirect method changing navigation styling and Google Default (On Fly) doesn't? Somebody said here to validate site and fix errors, but my site passed validation in 1oo% (green). Thanks Regards
Jul 3, 2012 7:42 pm by Yana
Hi, What is your website address?
Jul 6, 2012 12:34 pm by mayapi
Hi, Here is website: http://seafood.restaurantswebsites.co.uk/ Thanks
Jul 6, 2012 7:47 pm by Yana
Hi, I have checked the source code of your website. I can see extra spaces <li class="item104 root" > <a class="orphan item bullet" href="/index.php/book-a-table" > <span> Book a Table </span> </a> </li> Please try to change the height of menu block with css .
Jul 7, 2012 5:32 pm by mayapi
Hello, Could you be more specific,what extra space and why also font is changing? I'm using rocket theme template. Thanks Regards
Jul 14, 2012 3:21 pm by freemont
Hi, I've got a similar problem on www.freemontgroup.com The flags are invisible in redirect mode. That wasn't the case a few weeks ago, but I"have trouble finding out why.
Jul 22, 2012 1:03 pm by Cathy
When flags are visible nothing in GTranslate works - they worked one week ago. I read your locked post about GTranslate troubleshooting and thought maybe it was a JQuery problem but I've not added plugins between the time GTranslate worked and now. You said - If you use On Fly (jQuery) translation method, try to unload the jQuery library (there is an option for that). - I don't see the option to unload. How do I do that?
Jul 24, 2012 4:44 pm by Yana
Hi Cathy, What is your website address? Which version of GTranslate you have installed?
Jul 24, 2012 4:45 pm by Yana
Dear Freemont, Could you please enable the flags , so I can check and understand what the problem is?