Forum Archive - Problems getting the PRO version to work

Problems getting the PRO version to work
Mar 8, 2011 12:22 pm by LAMF
Ihave tried to install the PRO version by following all steps (I think). 1. I copied the gtranslate folder with all contents to my sites root (mydomain/public_html/gtranslate) 2. I Set /gtranslate/cache folder permissions to 777 3. I have installed the PHP ionCube Loader manually (my host told me thy don't support it) so I followed the guide in the README file that follows with the download package. It seems like it was installed (but I don't know how to verify this...) 4. I set up the .htaccess file and after some errors, causing the entire web to crash I got it ok (I think). The only rows that are active is the following RewriteEngine On # gtranslate config RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /$1/$3 [R=301,L] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /$1/ [R=301,L] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1&url=$2 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1 [L,QSA] 5. I Edited the /gtranslate/config.php file and added my API key and username/password, got the API key from Google Translate by activating it in the APIs Console. 6. Modified the robots.txt by adding the line i the end of the file 7. Created the sitemap.txt file and added my domain instead of the default mydomain.com 8. I already had the GTranslate free version installed so I just added the parameters Redirect translation method with 'Operate with GTranslate Pro' option on. Now it should work? It doesn't. I have to deactivate it or the webpage gives me this error as soon as I click on any flag for translation and tries to navigate to another page: Fatal error: Undefined constant 'HDOM_TYPE_TEXT' in /home/u4534928/domains/sit-right.se/public_html/gtranslate/translate.php on line 770 Please someone help me to solve it.
Re: Problems getting the PRO version to work
Mar 8, 2011 4:52 pm by X10
What is your PHP version?
Mar 8, 2011 5:51 pm by LAMF
It's PHP version 5.2.0 I have talked to the web host again regarding the PHP ionCube Loader as they first told they didn't support it, now they told med it was a mistake and PHP ionCube Loader is of course supported as well as all other requirements. Is there a problem that I already had the free version installed and then added the settings for the PRO version as told? Another thing is that now the SEF URLs wont work anymore, the Apache Mode rewrite don't seem to work either. So in order to have the site working at all I have to turn off SEF URL's and Apache mode_rewrite and also GTranslate that wont work in no mode at all, not even the free version settings. I'm stuck in the corner with wet paint all around me... HELP!
Mar 8, 2011 8:03 pm by LAMF
I have now tried to erase all gtranslate content and upload it in BINARY mode. I have set up everything again but still no success. Only get this error when clicking any flag to translate: Fatal error: Undefined constant 'HDOM_TYPE_TEXT' in /home/u4534928/domains/sit-right.se/public_html/gtranslate/translate.php on line 770 Please help....
Mar 9, 2011 10:33 am by Edvard
Can you upload info.php file from the product package into the gtranslate folder? Let me know when it is done, so I can check the configuration. Also, it seems that you have removed the rewrite rules from your .htaccess.