Forum Archive - Dropdown showing twice in Internet Explorer

Dropdown showing twice in Internet Explorer
Aug 5, 2012 8:19 pm by BlinkyBill01
Hi, First off, I really appreciate this plugin. You have no idea how useful it will be for my site. However, I have encountered something in Internet Explorer that I do not encounter in Firefox. With the plugin active and using the Gtranslate widget (also the [gtranslate] shortcode), the dropdown with the list of languages shows up twice in Internet Explorer. One under the other. I do not encounter this at all in Firefox. In the settings, if I disable the dropdown, in Internet Explorer, one of the two dropdowns is removed and one still stays visible. In Firefox, I do not get the dropdown when it's disabled. I'm stumped. I've been looking through the code and haven't seen anything where it would ask for two dropdowns to be visible, let alone one visible when it's disabled. Can someone point me to the right direction? As it stands, with two dropdowns in IE, the code is rendered useless an neither change the language when selected. Also, in Internet explorer, at the very bottom of my site, there is a table added with the following: "Original text. Contribute a better translation." This remains even when no language has been changed. This does not appear in Firefox and would rather not have it appear in Internet Explorer. Thanks, Bill
Re: Dropdown showing twice in Internet Explorer
Aug 5, 2012 9:22 pm by Yana
Hi, Please post your website address, so I can check it.
Aug 5, 2012 11:31 pm by BlinkyBill01
It is daevas.com/bp thanks for checking it out
Aug 6, 2012 4:05 pm by Yana
Hi, I can see that you have installed another plugin. This is not GTranslate. You can download GTranslate free plugin from https://gtranslate.io/#pricing/
Aug 6, 2012 7:19 pm by BlinkyBill01
Sorry about that. I switched plugins to check and see if I got the same issue. Forgot to switch it back. It should be viewable now. :)
Aug 7, 2012 10:08 pm by Yana
Hi , please try to uninstall it completely and reinstall . Please download the latest version from https://gtranslate.io/#pricing
Aug 8, 2012 3:00 am by BlinkyBill01
Yep, just did that and it's still the same issue. Not sure what's going on. Does this plugin write anything to the database? If so, might it be possible to edit the database to find and remove the second bar being shown in IE9?
Aug 8, 2012 4:03 pm by Yana
Hi, GTranslate doesn't keep any data in your database. Could you please try to change the position? Also you can try to use general html code instead of the plugin. You can download it from https://gtranslate.io/#pricing
Aug 8, 2012 10:44 pm by BlinkyBill01
Not sure what it is, but disabled the plugin, copied the HTML from the Gtranslate site, pasted it into a text widget and saved. Save exact error. I realize that this is most likely an issue with my custom theme interfering with something in the plugin/javascript, but I can not find anywhere it would. Even inspecting with Firebug shows me nothing wrong. If Firefox was the default browser of everyone, I wouldn't mind so much. But since IE is default in every PC, it's kind of hard to ignore.
Aug 9, 2012 1:14 pm by Yana
Hi, Please try to place General HTML code in your template.
Aug 9, 2012 7:18 pm by BlinkyBill01
Ok, seems I got the solution from the company that I got my template from. I needed to add the following bit of code to my css file: #google_translate_element2, .skiptranslate { position: absolute; left: -9999px; } Everything is working fine now and my site is working correctly in Firefox and IE :)
Aug 11, 2012 3:59 pm by Yana
Hi, Good to hear that!