blocked - what now?

Popular automatic website translation tool blocked - what now?

Postby treb » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:15 pm

I see that the service has resumed now thank you; a notice on the website, along with the missing Contact Us form, would have been nice.

DDOS problem - are we going to hear what is happening to your service at blocked IP
- no translation service, Brute Force warnings that appear as if they come from OUR site being blocked,
do I have to take calls to gtranslate off our multi-nationally used site until fixed please?

Thank you

Re: blocked - what now?

Postby Yana » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:30 pm

Dear Trevor,

We didn't stop GTranslate service. Our IP was blocked by your hosting provider.
You will see our IP address instead of the visitor's/bots IP because all the requests for the translated pages go through our server. is our proxy IP. To get the real IP of the attacker you need to check X-Real-IP header.

Yana Ghahramanyan - GTranslate Team

Please leave your feedback on your CMS plugin directory. It is very important for us!
Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate WordPress
Google Translate Drupal

Re: blocked - what now?

Postby treb » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:48 pm

Hello Yana, my first problem is that my Host support says I should contact You about this;

the second is that the translations returned to being unblocked yesterday afternoon and I thought the problem had been resolved, somewhere outside my area of influence...

I will look at the access logs, to see if I can check X-Real-IP, may need your advice on how to do this, I cannot see this in my raw access logs at present, but see a small proportion of visitor IPs being sent a "Blocked IP" image, and ask Host support if they can further advise, given your response.