Forum Archive - 404 error and ssl

404 error and ssl
Mar 4, 2017 9:34 pm by webdesign
1. We are using the trial version of GTranslate on our Drupal 7 site. We have installed the GTranslate module and selected the sub-directory urls. We changed our htaccess file and uploaded the gtranslate folder into the root directory according to your documentation. Every we time i select a different language i get a 404 error. Not sure how to proceed. Is there something we have configured incorrectly? 2. We are using SSL on our site, according to your documentation we need to send you some stuff. "If you are using SSL with your website you will need to send us your wildcard SSL certificate and RSA private key files to be installed on our servers, please contact us for more details." How do we proceed?
Re: 404 error and ssl
Mar 5, 2017 2:35 am by Edvard
Hi, Please find my response below. 1. Most likely you have not placed gtranslate rewrite rules on top of your .htaccess file or you have not uploaded gtranslate folder in a correct location. If you can post your .httaccess here, I can check it for you. You should be able to see blank page when you access https://domain.com/gtranslate/config.php file which should verify that you have uploaded it in a correct location. We also have installation/configuration service. You can provide us access to your website (FTP, drupal admin) and our support agent will install it for you. https://gtranslate.io/#contact 2. If you are using sub-directory URL structure you do not need to send anything. It is needed when you use sub-domain URL structure. Just make sure that your plan has SSL support feature included. Otherwise you will need to upgrade your plan to be able to use it on a website which has SSL. Thanks!
Mar 6, 2017 2:58 am by webdesign
Refering to #1 The gtranslate directory is the correct spot. We are hosting our Drupal site on Pantheon and found this regarding .htaccess files. Makes sense why the redirects aren't working. Do you have the appropriate code for this situation? Looks like we need to configure the Redirects using php in the settings.php file. https://pantheon.io/docs/redirects/
Mar 6, 2017 8:11 pm by Edvard
Hi, Please check with them if they are able to add nginx rewrite rules for you. If not, then you will need to use sub-domain URL structure for your languages by adding the DNS cname records as described in the instructions email you have received. Thanks!
Mar 6, 2017 8:40 pm by webdesign
I checked with them and they do not do nginx customization on a site by site basis. I will look into the sub-domain method now. I'm useing the trial right now and my site usses SSL. Will i need to send you any certificates to get this to work, even for the trial?
Mar 6, 2017 8:43 pm by webdesign
Also, I am on Cloudflare... does that work okay?
Mar 6, 2017 8:44 pm by Edvard
Hi, For now you can ignore the SSL warning and it will work. You need to send wildcard SSL certificate and RSA private key files for your *.domain.com to [email protected] for setup on our server, so you will not see any warning messages about certificate. If you are on Cloudflare, you can turn on the cloud icon for language sub-domain (which will enable the cloudflare SSL certificate) and let us know your server IP address from DNS manager, no need send us any certificates in that case. Thanks!
Mar 6, 2017 8:55 pm by webdesign
I keep getting a DNS address could not be found. On Cloudflare, I pasted my full language subdomain address in the name field and the supplied address from the install email in the domain field. Did i set it up wrong? I've waited for over 5min...so i don't think it's a time thing.
Mar 6, 2017 10:40 pm by Edvard
Hi, Make sure that es.domain.com points to our server. You can use nslookup tool. If it is not, then you have done something wrong. Thanks!