[Solved] 404 Error using Pro

Popular automatic website translation tool

[Solved] 404 Error using Pro

Postby [email protected] » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:22 pm

Hi

Just installed following purchase this morning. Server meets all requirements & ioncube loader tested working. .htaccess set up as described & the free module is set to redirect and use the Pro version.

I get a 404 error when trying to translate into any language. The rewrite rules are places exactly after RewriteEngine On. This throws up the webserver's defaul 404 page. If I move the rewrite rules to after the Joomla SEF rules I get my custom Joomla 404 page.

I can't give the URL here as the site is not live yet and is password protected via .htaccess, which shouldn't affect anything I would have thought. Can email ftp / access details if required.

Thanks

Chris
[email protected]

Re: 404 Error using Pro

Postby Edvard » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:31 pm

When I access http://yourdomain.com/gtranslate/translate.php I get 404 error code. Seems you have placed it in a wrong place.
Regards,

Edvard Ananyan - GTranslate Team

Please leave your feedback on your CMS plugin directory. It is very important for us!
Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate WordPress
Google Translate Drupal
Edvard
Site Admin

Postby [email protected] » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:54 pm

No, it wasn't in the wrong place. In fact, the .htaccess protection on the site until it goes live was actually to blame. I've disabled this and it all works fine now. Just one further question:

When i go to change language, say to German, it translates fine and displays under the new URL. However, when on this newly translated page it is not possible to translate to any other language. To go back to English I have to use the browser back button. Is this behaviour correct?

Thanks!

Chris
[email protected]

Postby Edvard » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:51 pm

Please use v3.14
Regards,

Edvard Ananyan - GTranslate Team

Please leave your feedback on your CMS plugin directory. It is very important for us!
Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate WordPress
Google Translate Drupal
Edvard
Site Admin