My site articles are not translating. The menus and links translate but the text of the articles is still not translating. I don't want my site to be penalized by Google for duplicate content URLs so I have to get the translation working. If you have a user manual or somewhere with step-by-step configuration instructions then let me know because all I know of is the readme.txt file which just mentions how to install GTranslate, which you did already. Here are the questsions I have on configuring:
1) You installed my GTranslate Pro so I know it must be configured properly. After reading through this forum I noticed topics talking about getting a Google API Key to add to the gtranslate/config.php file. I got the Google API key and entered it into the gtranslate/config.php file, along with the username and password to edit translations, (since that file comment says to please change for security reasons). I noticed in some of the forum topics that you also mention about changing the rewrite rules for the Google API.
Do I need to change the rewrite rules for Google API from the rules you setup when you installed GTranslate Pro? If yes, then let me know what file to change and what changes to make.
I have screenshots of my Google API account showing the report and quotas screens and there's nothing so it can't be that I exceeded my quota limit since I just signed up.
In Google APIs Console I'm not clear on how to set this up for GTranslate:
In the Quotas > Configure traffic filers > Configure Quotas for API Project popup window:
Do I select "Browser-embedded scripts"?
Or do I select "Server-side applications"?
What do I enter in the "Accept requests from these HTTP referers (web sites) box?
Then in the "Usage Limits" area it has:
"Billing is not enabled" API usage will be restricted to courtesy limits. Translate API, 100.0 charac/second/user, Usage data not available, Courtesy Limit 0 characters/day, Enable Billing.
What do you recommend I set for the "Set per-user limits" amount?
Do I need to Enable billing and pay for the Google API for GTranslate to work effectively on my site?
2) I noticed that there are only 40 languages listed in the gtranslate/config.php file as follows:
define('MAIN_LANG', 'en'); // en, ar, bg, hr, cn, ct, cs, da, et, tl, fi, fr, gl, el, iw, hi, es, nl, id, ja, ca, ko, lt, lv, mt, de, no, pt, ru, ro, sr, sk, sl, sv, th, tr, uk, hu, vi, it, pl, sq
What about the rest of the 58 languages that are supposed to be translated by GTranslate, do they need to also be added to the config.php file?
3) Is there a benefit to using the Bing API key instead of Google to translate a site? I noticed the line in the gtranslate/config.php file about using Bing for the translations which requires PHP SOAP client and I saw Bring mentioned in this forum.
4) How do I access the manual translation editing feature of GTranslate, (I entered the login info for that in the config.php)? Is there an extension to add to the URL's to access this feature?
5) Basically, I just want to make sure I get GTranslate Pro setup 100% correct so that it works and I don't need to bother worrying about it again. This way the existing articles/content on my site, or when I change or add more articles/content to my site, will all be translated into all the available languages without me having to do anything. And I certainly don't want to be penalized by Google for duplicate content URL's since I can only check some pages to see if they are translating and I don't want to worry about checking ALL of them.
Thanks for any advice on how to fix this.