Bing error, Google not working

Popular automatic website translation tool

Bing error, Google not working

Postby [email protected] » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:08 pm

Hi Edvard,

I have upgraded, changed "Cache" to 777, get BING API, but its not working. When I enable BING, I got error:

Fatal error: Uncaught SoapFault exception: [s:Client] TranslateApiException: GenericError : ID=3641.V2_Soap.Translate.73BB0F7 in /home/dreaming/public_html/gtranslate/translate.php:100 Stack trace: #0 /home/dreaming/public_html/gtranslate/translate.php(100): SoapClient->__call('Translate', Array) #1 /home/dreaming/public_html/gtranslate/translate.php(165): get_translation() #2 /home/dreaming/public_html/gtranslate/translate.php(216): gtranslate() #3 /home/dreaming/public_html/gtranslate/translate.php(465): translate(Array) #4 /home/dreaming/public_html/gtranslate/translate.php(478): simple_html_dom_node->outertext() #5 /home/dreaming/public_html/gtranslate/translate.php(478): simple_html_dom_node->outertext() #6 /home/dreaming/public_html/gtranslate/translate.php(478): simple_html_dom_node->outertext() #7 /home/dreaming/public_html/gtranslate/translate.php(478): simple_html_dom_node->outertext() #8 /home/dreaming/public_html/gtranslate/translate.php(478): simple_html_dom_node->outertext() #9 /home/dreaming/public_html/gtr in /home/dreaming/public_html/gtranslate/translate.php on line 100

When I disable BING, to use Google, pages are not translated. Now I don't know if translation is not working or the problem is with daily limit which is almost always full for API.

Also, we manually edited over 100 pages in Croatian language. Now I don't see those edits, only English text. Please, don't tell me we'll need to do all of it again.

Thank You for Your support and wish You all the best with Your work.

Our web is http://www.dreamingcroatia.com
[email protected]

Re: Bing error, Google not working

Postby Edvard » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:53 pm

Hope that you didn't clear the cache otherwise you will need to make the edits again. Try to enable debug option to allow logging.
Regards,

Edvard Ananyan - GTranslate Team

Please leave your feedback on your CMS plugin directory. It is very important for us!
Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate WordPress
Google Translate Drupal
Edvard
Site Admin

Postby gui62112 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:00 pm

Seems to have the same problem and error log as you ! ....
gui62112

Postby Edvard » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:18 am

For which language do you see that error? Not all the languages supported by Google are supported by Bing.
Regards,

Please leave your feedback on your CMS plugin directory. It is very important for us!
Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate Drupal
Edvard
Site Admin

Postby [email protected] » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:16 am

Thank You, Edvard, for the hint. I was trying to do it always for Croatian language and it seems that it is the only one not supported by Bing, out of 15 that we use:-(

So, only for this reason, I assume, we'll have to stay with Google. I'd prefer to switch to Bing as daily limit for Google is small, so pages just don't get translated. Is there a way to circumvent this limitation of Bing? Is there a way to pay Google to remove the limit?

All other languages we use work through Bing with new update of GTranslate. Excellent work, Edvard!
[email protected]

Postby [email protected] » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:28 pm

It seems there are still problems with BING translation. For example, for any language, except English, if I click any of the links in our Main Menu on the left side of the page, I got error:

Fatal error: Uncaught SoapFault exception: [s:Client] TranslateApiException: GenericError : ID=3643.V2_Soap.Translate.7CBE7DB in /home/dreaming/public_html/gtranslate/translate.php:100 Stack trace: #0 /home/dreaming/public_html/gtranslate/translate.php(100): SoapClient->__call('Translate', Array) #1 /home/dreaming/public_html/gtranslate/translate.php(165): get_translation() #2 /home/dreaming/public_html/gtranslate/translate.php(216): gtranslate() #3 /home/dreaming/public_html/gtranslate/translate.php(465): translate(Array) #4 /home/dreaming/public_html/gtranslate/translate.php(478): simple_html_dom_node->outertext() #5 /home/dreaming/public_html/gtranslate/translate.php(478): simple_html_dom_node->outertext() #6 /home/dreaming/public_html/gtranslate/translate.php(478): simple_html_dom_node->outertext() #7 /home/dreaming/public_html/gtranslate/translate.php(478): simple_html_dom_node->outertext() #8 /home/dreaming/public_html/gtranslate/translate.php(478): simple_html_dom_node->outertext() #9 /home/dreaming/public_html/gtr in /home/dreaming/public_html/gtranslate/translate.php on line 100
[email protected]

Postby Edvard » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:29 pm

I see. Please use Google for now until I'll solve the issue. It seems when you reach the limit for Bing it gives a fatal error.

Google is going to develop a paid version for their translation, so you can use that to increase the limits after Dec 1st.
Regards,

Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate Drupal
Edvard
Site Admin

Postby alt_f4 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:37 pm

same prob, switching to google in the meantime...
alt_f4