[Solved] Conflict GTranslate Pro and Mobile Joomla

Popular automatic website translation tool

[Solved] Conflict GTranslate Pro and Mobile Joomla

Postby [email protected] » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:12 pm

HI,
I have a new site on Joomla 2.5.3 that I have GTranslate Pro and Mobile Joomla installed on.
I have the same combination on some Joomla 1.5 sites as well and they are working perfect.
On this new site I have an issue.
I have tried to set up Mobile Joomla not to display the startpage content as on all 1.5 sites but on this J2.5.3 sitte it doesn't matter how I try to get rid of this start page content (I just want the menu to show).
I have got suppoort from the Mobile Joomla team and they claim it's a GTranslate prroblem.
Here's what they say in the latest conversation:
"Some plugin adds garbage to global $_GET array (that usually contains parameters from URL only). As a result, MJ cannot detect homepage correctly (homepage is detected as page that doesn't contain such parameters). Most likely it is ioncoded gtranslate plugin, because of that parameters named api_key, bing_api_key, cache_time, ssl_verify_peer, auto_detect, auto_detect_user, main_lang, and debug_mode."

I have tried to disable the GTranslate system plug-in and that actually made Mobile Joomla work as it should.
So if you excellent guys in the GTranslate team know any workaround.
The URL to the site is: http://www.nowire.se, or to be correct right now the domain is a temporary URL as it's being transferred to new DNS, the URL to look at is: http://snowpeak.se/~nowire. but that will change as soon as the DNS transfer is done.
Best regards
LAMF
[email protected]
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:05 pm

Re: Conflict GTranslate Pro and Mobile Joomla

Postby [email protected] » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:07 am

I got the solution from the guys at the Mobile Joomla team so here it is:

The solution is to patch plugins/system/mobilebot/mobilebot.php by adding
Code: Select all
unset($current['api_key']);
unset($current['bing_api_key']);
unset($current['cache_time']);
unset($current['ssl_verify_peer']);
unset($current['auto_detect']);
unset($current['auto_detect_user']);
unset($current['main_lang']);
unset($current['debug_mode']);

after the line:
Code: Select all
$current = $_GET;


This solved my problems so hope someone finds this helpful, just in case someone else uses the two excellent Joomla extensions :D
[email protected]
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:05 pm

Re: Conflict GTranslate Pro and Mobile Joomla

Postby Edvard » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:51 pm

Good to hear that :)
Regards,

Edvard Ananyan - GTranslate Team

Please leave your feedback on your CMS plugin directory. It is very important for us!
Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate WordPress
Google Translate Drupal
Edvard
Site Admin
 
Posts: 4183
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:54 pm
Location: Yerevan, Armenia


  • Related Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

2GLux
cron