Does GTranslate use "server side" resources

Popular automatic website translation tool

Does GTranslate use "server side" resources

Postby fastandfurious » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:18 pm

I was considering using this plugin on my website, but had a quick question - - does the plugin use "servers side" resources to access Google's translation feature? In other words, if an user based in country "A" were to connect to my site in country "B" (with the server in another country "C", for instance), then the basic translation work would be done on the server in country "C", and not the user's country - am I correct?

Just wondering as mine is a worldwide Internet based biz, and I want to make sure the feature works worldwide irrespective of whether or not Google is accessible in that country.

I'd appreciate a quick confirmation on this.

Thanks!!
fastandfurious

Re: Does GTranslate use "server side" resources

Postby Edvard » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:58 pm

Hi,

If you use Enterprise version it will use our servers to make the translation and it will not matter where your server is located. If you use Pro version it will use your server to make the translation, so if Google is not available for that country it will not work. If you use free version it will use visitor computer to make the translation and if Google is not accessible for the visitor it will not work.

Hope I have answered your question.

Thanks!
Regards,

Edvard Ananyan - GTranslate Team

Please leave your feedback on your CMS plugin directory. It is very important for us!
Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate WordPress
Google Translate Drupal
Edvard
Site Admin

Postby fastandfurious » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:13 am

Hi, yes, you answered my question. Thanks a lot!
fastandfurious

Postby fastandfurious » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:20 am

Hi,

Quick question again - I saw that the price for the PRO version is $105 (per https://gtranslate.io/#pricing) - - is this a "one time cost" (i.e. a lifetime price), and is upgrading from the free version which I'm currently using just a matter of overwriting the files with the pro version? Will all my current settings be saved?

I'd appreciate it if you could let me know.

Thanks,
Rahul
fastandfurious

Postby Yana » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:01 pm

Dear Rahul,

Yes, it is one time payment. If you upgrade to the Pro version you should use use free version also. It is responsible for the language selector. You can find the documentation here https://gtranslate.io/docs/
Regards,

Yana Ghahramanyan - GTranslate Team

Please leave your feedback on your CMS plugin directory. It is very important for us!
Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate Drupal
Yana

Postby fastandfurious » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:15 pm

Hi,

Do you mean that I should use the same "free" module even if I upgrade to the PRO version? In other words, all I'd need to do is install the plugin, set "operate with Pro version" to ON in the module settings, and that's it - - the translation would then be done on the server instead of the user's local computer?

Please confirm.

Thanks!
fastandfurious

Postby Yana » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:15 pm

Hi,

Yes, you should use the free module with the GTranslate Pro plugin. You will need to install GTranslate pro version and enable "operate with Pro" option in the module settings . GTranslate Pro will translate your website and it will keep the translation cache on your server.
Regards,

Yana Ghahramanyan - GTranslate Team

Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate Drupal
Yana