Forum Archive - An error occurred.

An error occurred.
Mar 7, 2017 1:00 am by allen.keele
I intermittently get the following error, despite whitelisting your IP addresses on our server with: iptables -I INPUT -s 51.255.65.216 -j ACCEPT iptables -I INPUT -s 94.23.220.123 -j ACCEPT It's strange. I can select a new language, and the current page translates to the new language with no problem. If I then navigate to a new page in the newly selected language, I often get the error. If I simply refresh the error page, the page then often translates correctly (but sometimes not). I've already tried clearing my browser cache. That did not help either. Please see implementation at https://www.certifiedinfosec.com" rel="nofollow" target="_blank Error report: --------------------- An error occurred. Sorry, the page you are looking for is currently unavailable. Please try again later. If you see this error constantly and you are the system administrator of this resource then please make sure that you are not blocking our IP address: 94.23.220.123 Faithfully yours, GTranslate - Translation Proxy. https://gtranslate.io" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" target="_blank
Re: An error occurred.
Mar 7, 2017 1:27 am by Edvard
Hi, Make sure that your website responds in less than 5 seconds time. You can check it with tools.pingdom.com. It seems that your website responds in about 4 seconds time now. So sometimes you can see errors, because of the timeout, when it responds in 5 seconds or more. I suggest optimizing your website to respond faster in about 1 second. Thanks!
Mar 7, 2017 2:05 am by allen.keele
When they happen, the errors are usually immediate, so the timeout idea is not likely the real culprit. When refreshing an error page, the page will then take several seconds to load - but will usually load properly. I copy/pasted a translated URL into GTmetrix (https://www.certifiedinfosec.com/el/cri ... E%B9%CF%82" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" target="_blank). The first analysis resulted in the error: The page returned an error: "502 Bad Gateway GTmetrix tried to access the page, but your server returned a non-success status code." I then retested the same URL. No 502 error on the same URL. Page speed was awesome. Server response time only 1.51 seconds. The translation failed and resulted in your error page, and the page was fully fetched an loaded within 3.12 seconds - which is fast for a complete page load. I then retested the same URL again. FULL SUCCESS. No 502 Error. No GTranslate Error page.Server response time was terrible at 7.2 seconds, with a total load time of 10.8 seconds - for a successful translated page (Greek). Clearly, your guess at server load time is not accurate. Of the three tests, the slowest server response time resulted in the successfuly translated page. I can send you pdf's of the GTMetrix reports if you wish. My suspicion leans more towards conflicts between the GTranslate URL translation and our Joomla/Yootheme menu. Now what? - Allen
Mar 7, 2017 3:10 am by Edvard
Hi Allen, I think it is related to the SSL protocol you are using. Please modify gtranslate/config.php file and remove 'ani' from the list of $server array. Thanks!
Mar 7, 2017 11:32 am by allen.keele
I implemented the fix you recommended. The issue is largely fixed, and I was only able to reproduce the error 1 time after trying many different language choices. Out of curiosity, what SSL protocol is causing the issue? The Comodo certificate is up-to-date and correctly installed. It supports a wide variety of TLS 1.2 encryption suites: TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384 TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256 TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA384 TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256 TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384 TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256 TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384 TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256 TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA256 TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256 TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA256 TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256 TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA
Mar 7, 2017 4:03 pm by Edvard
Hi, The issue is already related to the load time. TLS 1.2 is causing issues with some websites on our ani server. Thanks!