Forum Archive - GTranslate and SEO

GTranslate and SEO
Feb 22, 2011 1:36 am by [email protected]
Hi there, I'm far from an expert on this...but I'm wondering--is all the Gtranslate content crawlable? Theoretically, googling a site-specific piece of content in a GTranslate-offered language should return your site on Google, right? I tested this with a few languages and didn't always get a return on our site. Anyway, our audience/client base is highly international and I'd love to hear how maximum SEO value is derived from this tool. Thanks!
Re: GTranslate and SEO
Feb 22, 2011 9:09 am by Edvard
Hi, All the translated content is crawlable. If the translated page is already indexed, then yes, you will get your site in the search result. Indexing process takes time, so the number of indexed pages will grow over time. To make it faster you can remove the languages you don't want to be indexed in the search engines from your sitemap.txt file.