GTranslate Free version - Redirect issues

Popular automatic website translation tool

GTranslate Free version - Redirect issues

Postby blaator » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:59 pm

Since today's update of GTranslate Free version, I'm experiencing problems with the redirect function of it. In the past I didn't had issues with plugin (e.g. one version earlier). Now when visiting a page, it will show it's normal content, after 5 seconds it's redirecting to some weird url and the page becomes blank. When disabling the GTranslate on the pages everything is fine and there is no redirection. Still I would like to use the Translate function on the pages too. Does anyone knows what is wrong in here?

For an example check: http://www.codename28.nl/?p=61#content

Thanks in advance!
blaator

Re: GTranslate Free version - Redirect issues

Postby Edvard » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:18 pm

Just tried and seems to work fine. Which browser do you use?

You can try to downgrade the version, but I don't think that it is related to the update.
Regards,

Edvard Ananyan - GTranslate Team

Please leave your feedback on your CMS plugin directory. It is very important for us!
Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate WordPress
Google Translate Drupal
Edvard
Site Admin

Postby blaator » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:10 pm

Well, I still have the problem. I'm experiencing this redirecting error with Microsoft IE 8.
I also tried firefox and indeed there is no issue with redirecting, except it's loading very slow around 99% of the page. In IE 8 I can see in the status bar at the bottum, after fully loaded the page, it's running some javascript (message: "javascript :: false") and starts redirecting to:

http://www.codename28.nl/?p=61&fb_xd_fr ... 22&ackData[id]=1

I don't know why this is happening, hope you might have some idea. When I have the GTranslate disabled on the pages, everything works fine and fast. There is no redirecting at all. Hopefully you can browse with IE and find out yourself the redirecting problem at:

http://www.codename28.nl/?p=61#content

I'm using the redirect option of GTranslate, because the "on-the-fly" mode gives errors and makes changes into the page with some languages (like: Albanian, Arabic and Duch). I have read in the forum it was some issue of the "jQuery library" which seems not have been fixed yet.

Hope this is fixable with an update or maybe a downgrade. Where can I find older versions of GTranslate?

Thanks in advance!
blaator

Postby aclaytonpowell » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:53 am

I am having the same issue. Once I uploaded GTranslate, my site redirects to some strange url. I, too, have found that neither Chrome or Firefox present the redirection issue. Please advise.
aclaytonpowell

Postby Edvard » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:02 pm

Cannot test it on your site, it gives me 500 internal server error.
Regards,

Edvard Ananyan - GTranslate Team

Please leave your feedback on your CMS plugin directory. It is very important for us!
Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate WordPress
Google Translate Drupal
Edvard
Site Admin