[Solved] GTranslate ignoring No Translate

Popular automatic website translation tool

[Solved] GTranslate ignoring No Translate

Postby [email protected] » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:52 pm

I am building and inserting custom URLs into my page, and surrounding them with no translate spans, per the FAQ, and gTranslate is translating them anyway.

For example, http://newtetra4d.cloudaccess.net/fr/buy-now.html, the first row of the table, the first td, I have a computed URL, after translation, of https: / / secure.payproglobal.com / orderpage.aspx produits = 57781 & lang = fr & devise = 1

You can see that product is being translated and currency is being translated to devise, and the ampersands are being converted to that funky pseudo ampersand symbol.

The code for that is:
Code: Select all
<span class="notranslate">{source}&lt;?php echo $productlink1; ?&gt;{/source}</span>

Hm, OK, it looks like gTranslate is translating even the ampersands in the escape characters.

This is a little confusing. Anyone have an idea how I can get my URLs to not be translated, and ultimately use them in an href?

Thanks,
K
[email protected]

Re: GTranslate ignoring No Translate

Postby Edvard » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:06 pm

I'm not able to find notranslate in the source code. Also, I don't understand if you want to skip translation of the texts or want to skip language code to be added into the URL.

In the second case you will need to add class="nturl" to <a> tag, like <a href="..." class="nturl"...
Regards,

Edvard Ananyan - GTranslate Team

Please leave your feedback on your CMS plugin directory. It is very important for us!
Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate WordPress
Google Translate Drupal
Edvard
Site Admin

Postby [email protected] » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:46 pm

You are mostly right....

ATM, there is only one notranslate and only at the top of the page, where I am echoing variables for testing, like:
Code: Select all
<div class="article-content">
<span class="notranslate">

I probably had a lot of issues, due mainly to inexperience, but now that I am building the URLs completely in PHP before trying to use them, rather than concatenating all the syntaxes, and also have put the nturls *after* the href blah, like href blah class=nturl, rather than href class=nturl blah, I am getting the behavior I want and working URLs.

I lost some sleep, but have a happy client.

Best,
K
[email protected]

Postby Edvard » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:36 pm

OK, so everything is fine now?
Regards,

Edvard Ananyan - GTranslate Team

Please leave your feedback on your CMS plugin directory. It is very important for us!
Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate WordPress
Google Translate Drupal
Edvard
Site Admin