Forum Archive - Gtranslate module does not slide over for off-canvas menu

Gtranslate module does not slide over for off-canvas menu
Jun 2, 2014 10:17 pm by silverthread
I've got a responsive template for mobile devices that seems to work fine on Firefox on Android, but not Safari on iOS or Chrome on Android. The problem is that my languageswitcher module position is just to the right of where the off-canvas menu slides into view -- but when it does, everything slides over as it should EXCEPT for your module. It stays on top and in position, covering menu items (the most important menu item in fact) on the off-canvas menu that the user needs access to. This is obviously a big problem. Please visit the site at http://brewliving.com on an iPhone to see what I mean. I am about to go to a major conference to promote the site. I can't keep using Gtranslate if this is going to foul up the navigation, but I also very much want to have a multilingual site. Your help in this matter would go a long way towards convincing me to upgrade to the Pro version of your software, which I will likely want, once it's all working the way it should.
Re: Gtranslate module does not slide over for off-canvas men
Jun 3, 2014 8:10 am by Edvard
Hi, I have checked and the issue. I would suggest to move the language selector to the bottom of your website. If it is not an option for you, then there will be a need to modify your template a little bit to fix the layering issues. Let me know. Thanks!
Jun 3, 2014 8:04 pm by silverthread
I would like to keep the language switcher module at the top of the site where it belongs. That is where users will expect to find it. Please give any advice you can on template modifications that would need to be made to keep it where it is? Thank you.
Jun 4, 2014 9:08 am by Edvard
Hi, I have checked and can see that .ja-topheader {z-index: 50000 !important;} in custom.css is causing the trouble. Let me know. Thanks!