Forum Archive - [Solved] GTranslate Pro in WordPress site doesn't work

[Solved] GTranslate Pro in WordPress site doesn't work
Jun 28, 2011 1:42 pm by [email protected]
Hi, I think I did all the steps of the instructions, one by one to installa GTRANSLATE PRO. But the translation doesn't work. No changes at all when somebody click to flags or languages. Let me know your opinion. http://webvai.com Thanks Jaime Garcia
Re: GTranslate Pro in WordPress site doesn't work
Jun 28, 2011 2:46 pm by [email protected]
From one hour ago my situation is: When I select a language I'm being redirected to a URL with the language code, but it gives 404 not found error. I have confirmed with my hosting that the Rewrite mode works. More ideas? Thanks Jaime Garcia
Re: GTranslate Pro in WordPress site doesn't work
Jun 29, 2011 8:24 am by [email protected]
Hi Edvard, I found the problem and now it works. The order of the lines in .htaccess file was little bit different. The correct order is this one: *************************** # BEGIN WordPress <IfModule mod_rewrite.c> RewriteEngine On # gtranslate config RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /$1/$3 [R=301,L] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /$1/ [R=301,L] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1&url=$2 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1 [L,QSA] RewriteBase / RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteRule . /index.php [L] </IfModule> # END WordPress *************************** Thanks Jaime Garcia