Juri::base with domains

Popular automatic website translation tool

Juri::base with domains

Postby compojoom » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:37 pm

Hey guys,
I'm the developer of Hotspots : https://compojoom.com/joomla-extensions/hotspots

I currently have a client who is using gtranslate PRO and he has problems with my extension. Now what is happening is that when you select a new language -> the domain name changes. Hotspots makes an ajax request to get the data. But because it makes an ajax request to the main domain and not to the subdomain -> the cross domain browser policy comes into place and no request takes place.

I use the Juri::base() function to determine the domain name to which to send the request. Normally if you are on example.com -> it will return example.com. If you are on example.com/something -> it will return example.com/something . if you are on de.example.com -> it should return de.example.com . But with gtranslate it returns example.com ...

So I though ok, maybe we can modify the javascript to read the window.location and I tried to execute the ajax query directly - it worked and maybe this is a possible solution, but there is another problem. The response to my ajax request is a json object. But in in this case when I send the request through the de.example.com then my response starts with % and ends with
Code: Select all
<!-- delivered by GTranslate v4.3.3 visit http://gtranslate.net -->

This is going to brake the application as it expects a json object. Any ideas/recommendation on what to do?

Kind regards,
Daniel
https://compojoom.com
compojoom

Re: Juri::base with domains

Postby Edvard » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:27 pm

Hi,

I suggest to use relative path when making the request. So instead of JURI::base() use JURI::base(true).

If the response is JSON, then you need to use Content-Type: application/json header instead of text/html.

Thanks!
Regards,

Edvard Ananyan - GTranslate Team

Please leave your feedback on your CMS plugin directory. It is very important for us!
Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate WordPress
Google Translate Drupal
Edvard
Site Admin

Postby compojoom » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:05 pm

Hey Edvard,
Thanks for the reply. It seems that the jdocument -> setMimeEncoding function is not working properly and it is not settings the content-type as it should. I used the
Code: Select all
header("Content-Type: application/json");   

function and now it seems to be fine.

Regards,
Daniel
compojoom

Postby Edvard » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:02 pm

Thanks!
Regards,

Edvard Ananyan - GTranslate Team

Please leave your feedback on your CMS plugin directory. It is very important for us!
Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate WordPress
Google Translate Drupal
Edvard
Site Admin