[Solved] Lag using GTranslate

Popular automatic website translation tool

[Solved] Lag using GTranslate

Postby Tusk » Thu May 26, 2011 11:06 pm

I have developed a site using Joomla 1.6.3 with the Beez02 template, and installed the GTranslate extension, it does all I need and am relay impressed.....BUT

I have one problem with it, when I move my mouse across my main menu bar there is marked lag before the focus on the menu item that the pointer is hovering on takes effect, sometimes if I pan the mouse left and right quickly over the menu the focus hangs altogether (i.e. wont focus at all).

When I subsequently un-publish the GTranslate component, the focus works normally? I tried un-selecting some languages hoping this might reduce the lag but its still remains.
A pitty as I realy would like to use GTranslate and would be willing to pay for the pro version if I can solve the lag issue?

I have tried MultiTrans translator to see if it is a problem with all translators and it doesn't cause the lag, but its features aren't as good a GTranslate so would realy like to find a solution, if possible.

Was wondering if anyone else has the same experience? and if there is a solution?

Re: Lag using GTranslate

Postby Tusk » Sat May 28, 2011 12:22 am

I have fond that if you select "On Fly (jQuery)" under Basic Options/Translation method and not "Google Default" the problem goes away :mrgreen:

Thanks for an amazing app!