More helpful License Error Message

Popular automatic website translation tool

More helpful License Error Message

Postby [email protected] » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:45 pm

I am getting a license error on a dev site for which Edvard prepared a license package.

However, the filename he sent, it differs from the domain name by one character (the filename version of the domain name is one character short).

Anyway, it would be super helpful if the license error message would report that the license.dat is not found, or if found and mismatched, the domain to which the license file relates...this would make it easier to troubleshoot.

Best,
Ken
[email protected]

Re: More helpful License Error Message

Postby Edvard » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:24 pm

What is your development domain name? Did you get a package with the same domain name in the file name?
Regards,

Edvard Ananyan - GTranslate Team

Please leave your feedback on your CMS plugin directory. It is very important for us!
Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate WordPress
Google Translate Drupal
Edvard
Site Admin

Postby [email protected] » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:49 pm

I PM'd you...this is the one where the package name is different from the dev domain by one "s". This is why I made this suggestion, I can't be certain, but the package you sent has cloudacces.net and the dev domain is on cloudaccess.net, the hosting company which hosts demo.joomla.org.

Anyway, when you are writing a one sentence error message on a white screen, there's plenty of room for including a bit more information. Thanks for considering.
[email protected]

Postby Edvard » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:53 pm

Just sent a new license with a correct domain name. You have made a mistake when providing your development domain name... You'll need to use the license.dat file from the package instead.
Regards,

Edvard Ananyan - GTranslate Team

Please leave your feedback on your CMS plugin directory. It is very important for us!
Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate WordPress
Google Translate Drupal
Edvard
Site Admin