Forum Archive - Possible bot via GTranslate,

Possible bot via GTranslate,
Jun 29, 2017 6:46 am by lucysadler
Possible bot via GTranslate, could we take this discussion by email? Thanks, Lucy
Re: Possible bot via GTranslate,
Jun 29, 2017 11:24 am by Yana
Dear Lucy, All the requests for translated versions are being passed through our proxy IP address which you see on your side. We also send the real visitor IP address. You can use X-Real-IP header to see visitor's/bots IP address. Please contact via our live chat for more info.
Jun 30, 2017 11:16 am by lucysadler
Dear GTranslate, The live chat is not replying.... :( Please can you tell me how to find out the IPs from the X-Real-IP header to see visitor's/bots IP address. Also then how to ban the original bot IP, as it is apearing to come to us us you. Could I also please ask you to have bot protection on what you send to us? Many thanks in advance, Lucy
Jun 30, 2017 11:23 am by lucysadler
I have banned GTranslate's IP, and the website is functioning much better (but without translation) :( This proves that it is GTransalte that is causing the issue. Please can you help us fix it.
Jul 3, 2017 5:38 pm by Edvard
Hi, GTranslate IPs should be white-listed always, so we can access your original content and provide translations. We always send the real visitor IP address in X-Real-IP request header, so you can identify the real visitor and decide to ban or to allow access. GTranslate acts as a proxy. If your server is having trouble serving high volume traffic, you can change your hosting or use cloudflare with your hosting. I want to note that when there are no requests for translated pages, GTranslate is passive and doesn't access your website. Thanks!