I installed and got the free version running on my website, very quickly and easily. Thanks. Only language that did not work was Hindi - it came out in blocks - all else was fine.
I then purchased Pro and now I get the symptoms you describe here: http://gtranslate.net/forum/troubleshooting-gtranslate-pro-t368.html#3
1. You say: - Make sure that you have uploaded gtranslate folder to your www root folder.
I bought this for use on my Africa4Adventure.com (domain with all subdomains)
To test I first run it on http://preprod.africa4adventure.com
then when it works I move it to http://www.Africa4adventure.com
- so my question is can this work on all sub-domains, even if not in the root of the www?
2. You say: - Make sure that you have .htaccess file and have placed # gtranslate config block to the next line of RewriteEngine On line in it.
But I am not a Linux boffin so I do not know how to
1. Make a .htaccess # gtranslate config
2. Configure it for all languages.
Please can you give me the code for this to copy into my .htaccess file for all langages? So far I took another one with a problem from the forum, but not sure if this is right or not. This should be in your install instructions.
3. You say: - Make sure that you have Apache mod_rewrite
I have set this on, but probably because of 2. above it is still not working.
4. I have made cache directory and all sub-directories permissions set to 777
Running on CentOS Linux version 5.8, Apache/2.2.21 (Unix), Joomla v1.5.26 under Php 5.2.17
Thanks regards Charles