Forum Archive - Problem with gtranslate in Wordpress

Problem with gtranslate in Wordpress
Nov 24, 2010 12:16 am by [email protected]
This is the message I get at the top of the page when I load the gtranslate plugin in Wordpress Deprecated: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in C:\wamp\www\nlcc\blog\wp-content\plugins\gtranslate\gtranslate.php on line 39 Deprecated: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in C:\wamp\www\nlcc\blog\wp-content\plugins\gtranslate\gtranslate.php on line 62 Deprecated: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in C:\wamp\www\nlcc\blog\wp-content\plugins\gtranslate\gtranslate.php on line 90 Currently I am working from a localhost though I am connected to the internet. Can you please help
Re: Problem with gtranslate in Wordpress
Nov 24, 2010 9:53 am by Edvard
Try to set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your php.ini. Don't forget to restart Apache.
Nov 25, 2010 6:16 pm by [email protected]
So I went to php.ini first I found this ; allow_call_time_pass_reference ; Default Value: On ; Development Value: Off ; Production Value: Off here I didn't do anything (hope this was correct) then I found allow_call_time_pass_reference = off and I changed it to: allow_call_time_pass_reference = on saved the changes then restarted all the services on the wamp server and nothing changed. then I restarted my computer and still I have the same error. What am I doing wrong?
Nov 25, 2010 6:22 pm by Edvard
May be you have made a change on a wrong php.ini file? Create info.php file with the contents below, put it in your site and access it with your browser (ex. http://localhost/info.php) <?php phpinfo(); Try to find allow_call_time_pass_reference on that page and see what is the value for that. Also on that page you will see the loaded php.ini file which should be modified.
Nov 26, 2010 12:35 am by [email protected]
Thanks that worked. I had changed the php.ini file in the php folder instead of the apache folder. do you think I need to change it back?
Nov 26, 2010 9:25 am by Edvard
Good, no you can leave it as is. I guess that php.ini in php folder will be used when you execute php from command line.