Problem with Gtranslate and Mijoshop

Popular automatic website translation tool

Problem with Gtranslate and Mijoshop

Postby blauwhelm » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:23 pm

Hi,

I'm using Gtranslate Pro with my Joomla + Mijoshop website. When using the free version I didn't have any problems, but now, when I use the pro version some things don't work anymore. When going to the shopping cart page you will get an error (if you have something in your cart):

Also, adding a product to the shopping cart works, but there is no message showing this. There is a JSON error.

The address is http://www.artcollecting.com/, though you need to login before you can see the website. You can use:

Username: testuser
Password: welcome123

The default language is english, if you want to see the problems, please use another language. I hop you can help!

Thanks in advance,
Jan
blauwhelm

Re: Problem with Gtranslate and Mijoshop

Postby Edvard » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:46 pm

Hi,

I was not able to login, but the issue is related to a wrong content type of your response. It makes an ajax request to get some data and the response is in JSON format, however the Content-Type header says that it is text/html. So if you can fix the response Content-Type header to be application/json it won't cause issues, because GTranslate will not try to translate it, since it is not text/html.

Let me know if you need help with it.

Thanks!
Regards,

Edvard Ananyan - GTranslate Team

Please leave your feedback on your CMS plugin directory. It is very important for us!
Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate WordPress
Google Translate Drupal
Edvard
Site Admin

Postby blauwhelm » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:13 pm

Sorry for my late response! You can login now with the same credentials. I don't really understand your explanation unfortunatly. Where should I change the Content-Type header?

Also, the shopping cart button doesn't work, is this related? Probably, since this is also Ajax based.

Thanks again!
blauwhelm

Postby blauwhelm » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:33 pm

I still haven't figured out how to change the content-type header. Hopefully you can assist me with this? If this will cost extra that's fine. Hope to hear from you soon!
blauwhelm

Postby Edvard » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:57 pm

OK. I have checked and here is the issue:

When you open that page it makes an ajax call to http://www.artcollecting.com/index.php? ... try_id=150 URL which should return a JSON object, however the response header Content-Type is set to text/html instead of application/json. You need to change mijoshop file which actually responds to the mentioned request and use this PHP code to set a correct Content-Type header.

header("Content-Type: application/json");

You may ask mijoshop support to help you to find the correct file and make the change or we may do it for you for additional payment.

Thanks!
Regards,

Edvard Ananyan - GTranslate Team

Please leave your feedback on your CMS plugin directory. It is very important for us!
Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate WordPress
Google Translate Drupal
Edvard
Site Admin

Postby blauwhelm » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:28 pm

Thank you for your reply! I've contacted Mijoshop to see if they can fix this problem. If they can't I will contact you again to fix it for me.
blauwhelm

Postby blauwhelm » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:52 pm

Hi,

How much would it cost to fix this problem by you? Also, the add to cart problem (which is probably related?).

Thanks,
Jan
blauwhelm