some doubts about gTranslate Pro

Popular automatic website translation tool

some doubts about gTranslate Pro

Postby [email protected] » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:38 pm

Working with Joomfish and am interested in your program gTranslate Pro but I have a doubt.

The page will result whenever requested by the user or stored somewhere?
When a page is translated gTranslate where the translation is saved?
The translation is stored in the database Joomfish?

I have a high level of visitors from around the world and I want to be playing with the share of Google APIs or Bing. I need something to translate and store in Joomfish or elsewhere. GTranslate works like or as.?

Thanks for your responses.
[email protected]

Re: some doubts about gTranslate Pro

Postby Seadog » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:33 pm

This utility is completely separate to joomfish. The free version of gtranslate allows on the fly translations whereas the pro version caches the stored translations for quicker access and Search Engine indexing.

As far as I know it stores the translated text in \gtranslate\cache\countrycode (e.g. \gtranslate\cache\fr for French translation). As part of the instructions sent on purchase it shows you how to add these to your local sitemap for Google to index. You can also reference the translated text directly using the countrycode - e.g. .

Great little tool but I'm having a few implementation problems - server config issues rather then the actual utility and Edvard's been very helpful so far trying to troubleshoot.

In the Pro version you set within the gtranslate\config.php whether it should use Google or Bing translation.

Re: some doubts about gTranslate Pro

Postby Edvard » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:47 am

Absolutely correct! Thanks for your answer.

Edvard Ananyan - GTranslate Team

Please leave your feedback on your CMS plugin directory. It is very important for us!
Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate WordPress
Google Translate Drupal
Site Admin