Strange url

Popular automatic website translation tool

Strange url

Postby vivacomputers » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:10 pm

Hi, Google is indexing my site with this link; http://www.vivacomputers.nl/gtranslate/translate.php. It is all over the place and other search engines are doing the same. It is a non existing link and only goes to my error page but this is not healthy I think.

What can I or you do about it?
vivacomputers

Re: Strange url

Postby Edvard » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:36 pm

Since it returns 404 error page you will need to wait and it will be go away over time. Just make sure that you do not link to it and there are no external links to it.
Regards,

Edvard Ananyan - GTranslate Team

Please leave your feedback on your CMS plugin directory. It is very important for us!
Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate WordPress
Google Translate Drupal
Edvard
Site Admin

Postby vivacomputers » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:41 pm

Hello Edvard thank you for the answer but I don't link to it and there are no links to it also it is already for a long time like this.
vivacomputers

Postby Edvard » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:49 pm

For example you are linking to it from this forum.

You may use Google webmaster tools to remove the link from the index manually. Other search engines have similar tools.
Regards,

Please leave your feedback on your CMS plugin directory. It is very important for us!
Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate Drupal
Edvard
Site Admin

Postby vivacomputers » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:53 pm

Yes but I link to http://www.vivacomputers.nl not http://www.vivacomputers.nl/gtranslate/gtranslate.php that goes, like it seems, automatically or I don't understand a bit....
vivacomputers

Postby Edvard » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:56 pm

You have posted a direct link to /gtranslate/translate.php on this forum to your website. It is enough that search engines will try to index that page.
Regards,

Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate Drupal
Edvard
Site Admin

Postby vivacomputers » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:12 pm

That is not completely what I mean. I can give you access to my site then you can see in Extrawatch that all url's are ending with gtranslate.php....
vivacomputers

Postby vivacomputers » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:45 pm

Ok I found out what was the problem with this. I use Extrawatch for monitoring traffic. This is fighting with GTranslate. Just a moment ago I couldn't visit my site at all and when I turned Extrawatch off it was normal again.
vivacomputers

Postby vivacomputers » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:01 pm

Well the problem is still there. All off my url's are pointing to /gtranslate/gtranslate.php. This folder doesn't exist and I have not made any redirect to this. The only possible extension that is colliding with this is Extrawatch but I use this also on another site and there is no problem.

I can provide you a login so you can see what I mean....
vivacomputers

Postby vivacomputers » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:59 pm

O.k. situation is like this; every url that has to be translated by GTranslate shows like http://www.vivacomputers.nl/gtranslate/gtranslate.php. So actually the translating is going wrong somewhere. Only the native language (Dutch) doesn't have this problem.

Again I can provide login.....
vivacomputers

Postby vivacomputers » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:37 pm

Ok I solved it myself. It was .htaccess which was not good. Thank you for all the support......
vivacomputers