Forum Archive - Test and improve positioning in search engines

Test and improve positioning in search engines
Aug 29, 2011 11:50 am by armandocriteri
In my site I installed wordpress http://www.armandocriteri.name two directories 'horizons' and 'associates', where 'horizons' is the default, then I installed pro gTranslate of both versions of the site. Now I have to make sure everything works. I would like to reduce the number of languages ​​so as to limit the amount of pages to be translated for google, I would also like to extend the translation to yahoo and bing. A suggestion of such language is excluded gladly accepted. Thank you. Armando Criteri
Re: Test and improve positioning in search engines
Aug 29, 2011 12:00 pm by Edvard
Hi, You need to install the Pro version in the www root idrectory. Also you need to insatll 2 free versions for each of your horizons and associates directories. To reduce the number of languages you need to remove the languages you don't want from the language selector and also remove them from sitemap.txt file. I don't understand what you mean by "I would also like to extend the translation to yahoo and bing.". If you are asking about Yahoo and Bing search engines, then it will be added to them too. You can submit the sitemap.txt file to Bing, Yahoo and Google to make sure they will pick your site faster.
Nov 11, 2011 12:53 pm by creater
In my site I installed wordpress http://www.armandocriteri.name two directories 'horizons' and 'associates', where 'horizons' is the default, then I installed pro gTranslate of both versions of the site. Now I have to make sure everything works. I would like to reduce the number of languages ​​so as to limit the amount of pages to be translated for google, I would also like to extend the translation to yahoo and bing. A suggestion of such language is excluded gladly accepted. Thank you. Armando Criteri What is the need to install these two directory 'horizons' and 'associates' in wordpress...
Nov 11, 2011 1:05 pm by Edvard
It will enable the language selector there too.