Using gTranslate to automatically translate site by default

Popular automatic website translation tool

Using gTranslate to automatically translate site by default

Postby pietrasch » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:18 am

Hi,
This question has been asked in variations, but I haven't been able to find a clear answer, so to clarify:
I have a joomla site that is in English. I installed the free version of gTranslate. Works great so far! I would like to create a duplicate of the site in another folder -- i.e. site.com/french. When the user goes to that "version" of the site (which is just a copy of the original), I would like it to be translated to french by default, without the user having to change the language. Is there a setting that makes this possible, or some code I can drop in via php or jquery? Thanks!
pietrasch

Re: Using gTranslate to automatically translate site by defa

Postby Yana » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:13 pm

Hi,

It is possible with the GTranslate enterprise version . You should create DNS CNAME record for French and you will see the translated version on fr.domain.com . There is no need to create a copy of your website.
You just need to create DNS CNAME record whcih will point to our server and GTranslate will automatically translate your website.
Regards,

Yana Ghahramanyan - GTranslate Team

Please leave your feedback on your CMS plugin directory. It is very important for us!
Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate WordPress
Google Translate Drupal
Yana