Why use GTranslate with WordPress?

Popular automatic website translation tool

Why use GTranslate with WordPress?

Postby Nick » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:29 am

Hi Edvard and all,

Please excuse my ignorance with this question: I am using WordPress for my blog and was easily able to paste in the Google Translate code (http://translate.google.com/translate_tools) into my site and it worked. No fancy coding was required. I just pasted the code into the WP widgets section and I was able to specify exactly where I wanted Google Translate to appear on my site.

What I don't understand is the advantage of using GTranslate over the method that I used? In other words, why would a person want to use GTranslate in WordPress when the original Google Translate code works so well? Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Nick
Nick

Re: Why use GTranslate with WordPress?

Postby Edvard » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:04 pm

GTranslate covers the default translation method provided by translate.google.com. But it also makes it possible to have a nice look with language flags. It also can connect with Google Analytics and provide you analytics data about your clients interacting with the module.

It serves as a base for the Pro version, which enabled search engine indexing of your translated pages and manual translation editing.
Regards,

Edvard Ananyan - GTranslate Team

Please leave your feedback on your CMS plugin directory. It is very important for us!
Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate WordPress
Google Translate Drupal
Edvard
Site Admin

Re: Why use GTranslate with WordPress?

Postby Nick » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:23 am

Thanks for the explanation. I will give it a try.

Regards,
Nick
Nick