Forum Archive - Dopdown issue, get language and cannot authorisate

Dopdown issue, get language and cannot authorisate
Dec 19, 2013 10:39 pm by Hilda
Hello, I've implemented GTranslate PRO but I come across a few issues. When asked I can send the url in a pm because I've taken down the user/passw protection for now. These are my issues: 1. Dropdown issue The site is in Dutch. However when I switch to English, the word Dutch in the dropdown menu is replaced with English as well. It says English, English below each other, instead of Dutch, English. 2. Get language Is there a way to read the language? I've tried $_GET['lang'] but it isn't recognized. I need this because the page doesn't stay translated when I click the same button (or a paginator). It doesn't remeber the folder (eg. /en/pagename). I could put it in myself if I knew how to get this variable. Or is there a way to let it remember by itself? 3. Cannot authorisate I can not save the translations using the user/passw provided in de config. The Authentication required screen keeps popping up on save. I turned of the authorisation for now, so my client can use it but that's not very save of course! I'm not using Wordpress or Joomla but a custom CMS which uses a rewrite-module on the site (htaccess). Thanks for any input! Hilda
Re: Dopdown issue, get language and cannot authorisate
Dec 20, 2013 1:18 pm by Yana
Hi, 1. Please send me your website address, so I can check it. 2. For the GTranslate Pro General version use is $_GET['glang'] variable to detect current language. For GTranslate Pro Joomla system plugin it is JSession::get('glang'); 3. Could you please ask your hosting provider if they support HTTP authentication with PHP: http://php.net/manual/en/features.http-auth.php ? Also please check this link edit-translations-problem-t1418.html
Dec 20, 2013 4:55 pm by Hilda
Thanks for the reply, I've send you a pm a little while ago. The $_GET['glang'] variable doesn't return anything as you will see in the indexx.php. Regards, Hilda
Dec 20, 2013 8:53 pm by Yana
Dear Hilda , Please try this: <?php echo $_GET['glang']; ?>