Forum Archive - Enterprise causes issues with redSHOP component

Enterprise causes issues with redSHOP component
Aug 19, 2012 6:20 pm by wink
Hi, I have got the enterprise solution setup for a client and so far it works great for most of the content, but they use redSHOP on their site to sell tickets and these tickets have mostly got 2 levels of attributes they have to select to buy a ticket. The problem is that only one level of attributes appears in the translated pages which means the shop can't be used on these pages. I tried adding the no translate class to these parts of the templates, but the issue still persists. One of the pages in question is: http://graylinetours.com/tours/summer-t ... tland.html Here you can see the drop downs working but if you change the language then they don't. Is there a way around this?
Re: Enterprise causes issues with redSHOP component
Aug 19, 2012 6:49 pm by Edvard
Hi, It is related to AJAX cross domain origin. When you are on a translated subdomain es.domain.com and choose a value from dropdown it makes an ajax call to your server domain.com, which probably checks for the origin of the request. So I guess it just doesn't respond to calls made from es.domain.com and expects origin to be only domain.com. It will be best if you can talk to redSHOP developers and ask how to solve the non same origin AJAX call issues. If there is a need we can work something out for you with redSHOP developers.
Aug 21, 2012 12:30 pm by wink
Hi, I got the following reply from one of the redSHOP developers: "I have checked issue on site, and as gtranslate told, it is an issue of cross domain. We have used JURI::root() to get domain from browser url, we have not used static domain name, but in Gtranslate it always return domain.com even if broser url is es.domain.com so can you please ask Gtranslate team that how can we get domain name with language, or is there any way so we can get which language is selected currently, thus we can make some custom changes for your site."
Aug 21, 2012 3:00 pm by Yana
Hi, You can find the current selected language code from X-GT-Lang request header. If your site is written in PHP you can find it in _SERVER['HTTP_X_GT_LANG'] variable.