Forum Archive - Enterprise: number and decimal translations

Enterprise: number and decimal translations
Jul 26, 2012 9:07 am by jb11
Good day With the GTRANSLATE Pro edition and Google's API, Google also translated amounts on my website based on the language. For example: $ 550,000.00 (default, english) was translated to $ 550.000,00 say for German (note the decimal points etc). With the Enterprise edition I have noted that no translation of amounts are taking place. 550,000.00 stays the same for all languages. Is this normal? Am I missing something? Should I manually edit the amounts and decimal or will this feature be introduced in future for Enterprise? We have thousands of numbers on our website. Another matter is that categories like "1st", "2nd", "3rd", "4th" is also not translated. "1st" for example in Danish is just "1." This was translated by Google API but not in Enterprise. "1st", for example, is the same for all languages and not translated at all. Not sure if "1st", "2nd" etc. is in your translation delivery network dictionary? Thank you for the support. Stephen
Re: Enterprise: number and decimal translations
Jul 26, 2012 11:48 pm by Yana
Hi, You can edit your categories : For example 1st in language _edit mode will be XNUMst where XNUM is the variable. You should edit only "st". for example for French if you want to edit 1st to 1re you should change XNUMst to XNUMre
Jul 27, 2012 10:06 am by jb11
Thanks, and what about editing currencies/numbers? If I want to edit a particular number via edit mode, I do not see the number but only "XNUMX"? If would like to say convert the "," to "." AND "." to "," - e.g. 23,000.56 (english) will then be 23.000,56 (danish)? Thank you.
Jul 27, 2012 12:46 pm by Yana
Dear Stephen, You can make changes in the source code of your website. You should detect the current selected language and use appropriate number format. You can find the current selected language code from X-GT-Lang request header. If your site is written in PHP you can find it in _SERVER['HTTP_X_GT_LANG'] variable.